chapter five: a clear answer

o5 | a clear answer

.........................

LIAM's POV

The Italian museum was such a sight to see! 

I grinned at how York was so mesmerized by the museum. I guess I should bring her to more museums more often. Her grip on my arm tightened and I looked at her. 

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm... I'm just trying to take in everything, you know?" She said, her eyes sparkling. 

"You should show me some of your work sometime," I told her. The last time we went out, she told me that she was a photographer and I was really curious about her work. She hit my arm playfully.

"What?! No! You've worked with amazing photographers, there's no way in hell that I'm gonna compare to that!" she said, her eyes moving and taking in everything in the museum. 

The museum was a bit too packed for my taste and I could feel eyes everywhere. I knew some of the paparazzi would appear but I wasn't expecting them to ask us to pose for them every ten minutes. 

"You do know the paparazzi are the ones taking pictures, right?" I asked her, my eyes slowly narrowing and she chuckled.

"It's okay, Liam. I know that. It's their job so whatever... And anyway, we're not doing anything bad, we're just in a museum, looking at the paintings, for crying out loud." she replied.

I was taken aback. I wasn't expecting her to be so carefree about this. 

...........................................

YORK's POV

Liam and I were constantly walking and talking about everything that was present in the museum. I would point at a painting and we would talk about it. There was one painting that he wanted to buy but unfortunately, the museum wasn't really selling. 

It was painted in mostly blue and black colors but it was still stunning. It was a painting of a river with the moon light shining on it. There was a boat in the middle of the river, with a couple riding. I smiled as my eyes take a feast.

After a few more rounds (and photos), we finally decided to retreat. I was hungry and so was he. I thought we would go to some restaurant but apparently, he had other plans. We made sure that there was no one following us before we entered a building. He took me to the top floor, right at the rooftop and that was when I was blown away. I could see the night lights and the scenery was marvelous. There was a table set up right there with candles and roses and everything that took my breath away.

Liam was so caring. He was so understanding. And he was definitely sweet.

Niall... 

NO! I pushed back my thoughts of him.

I looked at Liam once more. His brown hair was kinda messy since the wind was a bit strong. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, it's really pretty. If only I had my----"

Before I could say anything else, he held out my camera. My eyes widened.

"When did you get this?" I asked him, extremely dumbfounded.

"A while back at the loft," he answered so smoothly. "Now, you can take pictures and show me, alright?" he added.

"Yeah, that woud be nice," I said, smiling.

As soon as I held my camera, I was in my photographer mode. I zoomed my lens, trying to make it clearer. I held it as still as possible and it clicked. I took a few more shots before making my way to Liam, who was grinning. I held up my camera once more and took a photo of him.