𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

As we celebrate, I look around to observe these individuals. Everything was playing in slow motion. Kassy was sitting on an armchair with Catherine on the arm of the chair. She was literally glowing and looks very happy. Catherine's husband, Michael was standing next to his wife, lovingly staring at her as he applaud with a wide grin plastered on his lips.

Maya, Leslie and Shawn look contented as they chat about how they're going to turn the babies into their dolls and dress them up all the time. Over all, they were very excited to have two members joining the family soon. Zack's parents and all the other adults were all expressing their happiness about Zack's parents are not only going to be grandparents to one but two kids by two of their children.

And Zack, he was standing next to me. I watch him as he sink the knife into the fluffy vanilla cake. He took out a piece and brought it to my lips. I smile happily before opening my mouth. I closed my eyes at the divine taste and moaned in response.

"That's very sweet. And fluffy." I said just before I took another bite from the cake in his hand.

He smiled and pecked me on the forehead. "Mom and I baked it. I'm glad you like it. Would you love to have more?"

"Hey."

With her hands crossed behind her, Eden slowly walked the few steps between us. She looks up at me through her glasses with guilt filled in her eyes. I smile when I realise that she wants to apologise for her rude behavior towards me. Although none of her behaviors bothered me, I'm glad she regrets mistreating me. She's just a young girl after all.

"Hey, Eden." I greeted with a warm smile.

She looks at Zack as if telling him she wants privacy. Zack rolled his eyes and raised his hands in surrender. He walked away, leaving the two of us in an awkward situation.

She adjusted her glasses and look into my eyes. "I just want to apologise for treating you badly. Your sister has a very kind soul and I thought she was perfect for my brother." If only you know what a monster she is. "But you're the best for him. And congratulations you're expecting a princess! A niece to me."

I chuckled. "Thank you. It's not your fault anyway. You're just protective of your brother which I'm very proud of."

She beamed at me before walking away. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turn to find Paris behind me. She smiled at me as we watch Eden's retreating figure.

"You got a moment?" She asked with quite a cloudy expression. I instantly know something was wrong when she looked around us to make sure no one was listening.

I frowned in confusion. "Yeah. Is everything okay?"

She worriedly stares at me. "Honey, I contacted your parents to invite them over for the small celebration and the gender reveal."

My heart started pounding in my chest because I already guessed what my parents did. They want nothing to do with my baby. Even the slightest mention of anything related to the baby set them on edge. They've become more and more disconnected to me I feel like they're total strangers, as if they aren't the people that raise me. No matter what I do, they'll never accept me the way I am.

Paris took my hands into hers. "They said they want nothing to do with the baby. They also mentioned that you're a burden to them, a..." She paused and shut her eyes. "A disappointment to them."

She opened her eyes and grabbed my shoulders as I sadly stare at her. Her eyes were filled with lament and I hate that it's for me. "Daisy, what kind of parents don't support their daughter through hardship? What kind of parents force their child to have an abortion when that's not what the child wants? I get it, you made a mistake by getting pregnant and it's not acceptable but you're human. You're bound to make mistakes. You don't deserve to be treated like that. Your parents were literally yelling about how you refused to abort the child and how they'll..." She stopped and sighed in disbelief.

I bit my lower lip as I debate what I was going to tell her. But I was happy she cares about me. It soothes my raging heart to know this complete strangers are like family to me. "Don't worry, Paris. My parents don't know how to take the news. But they'll soon come around. I know they don't want to support my baby but they never said they won't take care of me. They just don't know how to react."

Paris gently scoop my cheeks and sadly smile at me. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to talk to us. We're here for you because you're part of our family now. We're ready to help you financially and give you the support you need. I just hope that Zack is not forcing you to keep the baby."

"No." I quickly interfered. "I chose this myself. I want to have this baby. It matters to me a lot."

She pats my cheek. "I'm glad. I was just worried about you."

"I know. Thank you so much for your lovely hostility. I'm sorry you have to through all this difficulties because of me. I apologise if..."

"No. You don't need to apologise. You're a part of our family and I'm glad you are." She gives me a wide grin before pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back in contentment. She's like a mother figure to me and I'm grateful for it.

I feel complete. I feel like I finally found a place that I fit in. Family isn't about being related by blood. It's all about love and supporting each other though good and bad times.
______________
How sweet! Yes, we're nearing the end but stay tuned for the next two chapters!

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share to support me*

Hope you enjoy. See you in the next chapter❤