𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

50 | D A I S Y

It was right there on the counter looking untouched exactly the way I left it. My heart shattered and I wanted to scream loudly but I know I can't. After all, they're not used to it. I never brought my results to them and they never asked for it. Unless they want to get the opportunity to insult me.

I finally mustered up the courage to walk towards the counter and picked up my precious results. I'm glad I did well so I don't really care. Everything is falling into place in my life and I couldn't be more happier. It was announced results will come out the morning after the game night. Although I went to collect mine without my parents, I was very grateful. In fact, the teachers' compliments about my improving grades made my day.

I rushed back to my room and kept it in my closet. Zack was waiting for me outside. We are going to his place to celebrate both the success at the game last night and our incredible results. I got out of the house and went straight to his car.

"Hey, babe. You excited for the day?" He whispered after he pecked me on the lips. I nod and smile lovingly at him.

Although we didn't get the chance to talk about his confession last night, we didn't talk about it when we met at school to collect our results. He came with her overjoyed parents and I had to deal with mine alone. It was sad to watch my classmates with their parents while I stood alone especially when my parents are actually there for their other daughter. But I don't care. I have my daughter here with me.

"What do you say? Should we inform them about the gender?" We're almost there when Zack asked.

"Yeah, I think it's time." I said without looking at him. I could feel the atmosphere change probably because he noticed that something's wrong with me.

"You okay?" He barely whispered but I heard him. My eyes found their way to where Zack's long fingers laid on the steering wheel. I know he's worried but I don't want to ruin this day by spilling out all about my shitty parents.

I nod my head with a smile when he glance at me with concern written all over his face. "Everything's okay. I'm just excited." For a second, he didn't reply nor give away his thoughts. He just stares ahead before he finally nods his head.

He pulled in the almost filled driveway and parked the car. We got out of the car and together, we went inside. As soon as we opened the door, a huge surprise was waiting for us.

Zack's grandmother was present. Eric and his family were present and so were Catherine and her new husband. It was obvious they recently returned back from their honeymoon. Our other friends were there with a few older people. They must be their parents but that wasn't the main point. There are two cakes on a table. One has a blue frosting while the other has a pink frosting. I guess I don't have to stress myself into finding a unique way to inform them about the gender.

"Hey kids! Congratulations!" Grace mumbled as she walked towards us with her arms wide open. She grabbed the two of us and squeeze the hell out of us. Zack and I had to endure it but we enjoy it's warmth. She pulled away and grinned widely at us. "Congrats, my boy! And congratulations on your relationship. I heard you guys started dating."

Didn't know the news would spread that fast.

Zack sighed and glares at his friends who were chuckling and trying to conceal it. "Yeah, I guess. Daisy is my girlfriend." He wrapped his arm around my waist and pull me against him. I smile at him.

"What are you guys waiting for? We want to know the gender of the baby already!" We heard Paris said from behind Grace.

Grace grabbed our hands and shoved us towards the cakes. Zack and I look at each other before cutting the cake with the pink frosting. Immediately, the applause erupted. Pure love and joy filled in the air as we all laugh and crack jokes.