𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

11 | Z A C K

“I'm done for the night." Skylar said the minute I entered the restaurant.

We both work at the Jiffy Meals, a popular fast food restaurant in Denver. I work as a part-time pizza delivery boy every weekends - specifically from evenings to nights while Skylar works as a part-time waitress.

Skylar is the same age and grade as me but we go to different schools. We're very good friends. In fact, we used to be an item. She was a Maxwell High student before her parents transferred her to the newest school in town a year ago. We dated back in junior years for six months before we eventually broke up.

We broke up when we realised we weren't in love. Although, I really like Skylar, I never had feelings for her. She's a funny, hilarious and lovely person to be with. With long flaming auburn hair, dazzling green eyes and a sculpted figure, there's no denying that Skylar is a stunning beauty. She has a long line of boys chasing after her like a lost puppy.

"I can give you a lift." I offered. My shift had finished and I just came back my last delivery.

She puffed and flipped off her hand in dismissal. "Don't worry about me. I had already called an Uber and he's on his way."

I notice something different about her. Her eyes were captivatingly beautiful and as dreamy as starry nights. She smiled at herself in a soft glow, as if a girl who just found love.

"Sky, what are you up to? You look different." I conceded.

"I'm going out on a super hot date with Richard Lambert." She quickly replied.

The Lambert family are rich beyond the dream of avarice. Naturally, they hold the title for being the most wealthiest family in Denver for generations. It's normal for rich kids to be spoilt brats and playboys. Eric Lockwood and Keith Basinger are the perfect examples but Richard is different. I've met him a couple times when I went out with my friends and he's really nice. Although, he had the looks and fame, he doesn't play around nor act like a spoilt brat. He prefers being isolated and more focused on his study.

"Cool." He's the best choice for Skylar, so far.

"Cool? It's awesome! I never thought I'll go on a date with him." Her eyes were wide, as if she still couldn't believe he asked her out.

"I think you guys are the perfect match. Good luck on your date."

Her phone starts to vibrate on the cold granite counter. "I think the Uber is here."

I looked at her confused. She's still dressed in her work outfit. "But you're still in your work outfit. Unless you want to go on your first date in it. It's fashionable." I joked.

She smacked me on my arm. "Shut up. I'm going to stop by a friend's house for a makeover. Bye dude." With a smile, she walked out of the restaurant.

I talked to the manager before calling it a day. I drove back home, eager to be alone and study before Monday roll in. Eden and Maya were watching some TV show when I arrived. I showered and changed before sitting on my chair in front of my reading table.

"This is a fantasy room for nerds. Your room looks like a library."

I stiffened at the sultry voice I know belonged to none of my family members. I closed my eyes, before opening and glancing at the wall clock. The time says 8:02pm. I must be dreaming because there's no way Daisy will appear out of the blue and talk to me like that.

"You're not dreaming, dude and I'm not a ghost. I'm right here behind you."

This time, I turned around. I felt a lightening crackle through my veins and time slowed down.