𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

08 | Z A C K

"Details."

"Every single detail."

My friends threw random questions at me, their eyes looking as curious as ever. I sighed in annoyance. The History teacher barely left the class before my friends attacked me like the fucking paparazzi. Obviously, I'm not the kind of guy that likes attention or anything related to being on the spotlight.

"Guys, go slowly." It seems like only my sister fathom me. "He can't just cast his pearl before swine."

"What's between Daisy and I is just friendship."

I wasn't taken aback when they gasped in surprise. It was impossible for them to swallow my friendship with Daisy. Daisy and I are two opposite people.

"And you think we're going to believe you? Do you think we're as dumb as a rock?" Shawn was frustrated.

"Friendship with the bad girl? As in friends with benefits, right?"

"Eric, stop!" I drop the bag I was holding and stare at them. "There's nothing going on between Daisy and I."

"Then why were you with her?" Leslie fired back.

"She needs help with her studies and I promised to be her tutor. We're just friends, okay?" It was partially true actually except the fact that Daisy is not a friend. Maybe a baby mama would be suitable.

"I thought despite for studying is a natural trait of a bad girl. Is Candy changing? I've noticed a lot of evolutions in her." Maya said in curiosity.

"I think the best thing you can do is to kindly introduce her to us." Eric, the president of the talkative club cheerfully stated.

I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the class. I can't take anymore questions. I have to pick Eden from school before football practice roll in.

"Maya, you coming with me?"

She hesitated before she replies "Amm... No. I'll stay at Leslie's for a makeup tutorial video."

Being a beauty guru has always being Maya's dreams. She post daily makeup tutorials on her YouTube channel to help guide others in makeup stuff. She actually makes profit from her YouTube videos and sponsored social media posts. I'm proud of my sister for achieving her goals at a young age. Meanwhile, I work as a part time pizza boy. Complete opposite, right?

"I'll go find some chick to bang before the practice. See yer."

Shawn and I couldn't be more irritated by our best friend's cocky attitude.

"I guess I'll see you later."

***

"One scoop of vanilla and two scoops of chocolate ice cream please," Eden smartly said, her eyes wide as saucers as she stares at mouthwatering ice creams arranged in the transparent freezer.

I was supposed to buy ice cream for her a few days ago but due to the circumstance that happened that day, I was unable to. I promised to take her to the Ice Villa, a popular ice cream parlour to buy her all she wants. Here we are, Eden fangirling about ice cream, leaving me to hold a plastic bag of twenty different chocolates.

"Eden, I can't buy anymore chocolate or whatever stuff. I spent fifty dollars already. We have to go," I complained. Whenever I took her out to the ice cream or candy store, she turned into a bull chasing after a red flag.

"That's your punishment for breaking your promise." She shot back. The ice cream man hands her the container, the ice cream safely tucked inside. She prefers a container than a biscuit cone.