"Welcome to your palace your eminence " the wretched policeman says with scorn and a mocking smirk as he locked and chained the cell. I was still in a state of maiming shock, unable to utter a single word or process what was happening.

I sunk to the ground. Fear gripped my already erratic heart. I'm in prison. For something i did not do! And from the looks of it, the don't plan on giving me the right to fair hearing, or any hearing for that matter. I'm going to rot in here.

Tears quickly began to stream down my face. This is my uncle's doing. I am serving his punishment, bearing his cross!Rage stained my fear and I instantly erupted.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!"

"I DIDN'T DO IT!"

"I DIDN'T DO IT!!"

My heart was beating so fast. I've never been this terrified all my life. Not even when my father died. It feels like a boulder is weighing down on my lungs and I can't breathe.

I can vaguely hear the other inmates telling me to shut up.

This isn't happening. This can't be happening.

Hours, days, time lost its meaning. It was just a cycle of dread, horror and me puking my guts out in the same place where i slept at night. It is gut wrenching.

Once a day they'd slip a dirty dish if something that's apparently food and a cup of obviously diseased water under the cell door. I'd guzzle the water instinctively but i couldn't bring myself to touch the plate. The stink of my own body made me gag and I could feel my sanity progressively depreciating.

It was an eternity before the prison warden came with some form of good news.

"Someone is here to see you" I basically flew to the gate of the cell.

"Eager are we?" The warden mocked me with a laugh. This hell hole has blasted my calm nonchalant exterior to hell. I was more than eager to see who had come for me.

Danbazzau stood of the other side of the reception counter. I can't remember the last time I saw him in normal clothes. He was always wearing red and green since I was nine.

Tears of exhaustion and what felt like relief fell down my face the moment his eyes met mine. He's not my mom but I'm sure he can get a message across to her. Tell her where I am so she can come and get me out of here.

"I'm sorry my prince. I couldn't do anything to stop him" he says.

"You don't apologise. Just get me out!" I say shakily.

"The emir doesn't know I'm here. The information of your whereabouts slipped mistakenly and that is how i found you. If he knows i-"

"Just go to my mother. Tell her where i am. She will know what to do. Please help me" I didn't realise I had clung unto his worn out kaftan, desperate.

The warden hit me with his batton.

"Matsa baya (move back!)" I compiled.

"I'm sorry my prince. I'll do what I can" Dambazzau said, giving me a pitiful look, tapping my shoulder. He gave the wardens two 1000 naira notes and thanked them for letting him see me. My heart squeezed as I watched him leave me, alone. Again.

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Danbazzau was in a hurry. The sooner he got to the queen, the sooner Mubasshir left that place. He could see the brightly lit lamps of the house at a distance despite the blanket of night. Just a little more.

Two S.U.Vs appeared out of no where, blocking his path. He iced on the spot. Sani and his other guards stepped out of the cars.

"Dambazzau ina zuwa da sauri haka? (Where are you going in such a hurry?)" Sani asks.

"Kiyayeka Zaki (praises)"

Dambazzau says, paling in fear. He had witnessed first hand what Sani did to people who "betrayed him". He was the devil.

"Sako zan kaiwa Zaki (i am going to deliver a message)" Dambazzau says, trying his hardest not to stutter.

"Cikin dare?( at night?)"

"Eh yallabai. Magani zan kaiwa matata (I'm taking drugs to my wife)" he says, chuckling nervously.

Sani laughs heartily. Reading the blatant lie off the aged man's paled features.

"Take him" he says to his other guards. They dragged a begging Dambazzau and dumped him in the trunk of one of the cars then drove off.

A/N

BRUUUUHHH I WROTE THIS AT 2 AM. MOST INTENSE CHAPTER YET! VOTE AND COMMENT. P.S I HAVE A LOVELY SURPRISE FOR YALL IN THE CHAPTERS TO COME😌. STAY WITH ME❤🌺

Love
- Sumaiya