Fourteen: Something We Can't Ignore

Start from the beginning

"That's because I have nothing to say to you," I finally snap. "You're the one keeping me here." 

It was true--I did have nothing to say to him. If it was my choice, I wouldn't be here at all. But he's still my teacher and I'm still his student. That's what makes it even worse. 

I feel something rough and warm curl underneath my chin--and I soon realize that it's Mr. Williams fingers. He tilts my head up and forces me to look up and face him. But I just look off to the side, still determined not to lock my eyes with his. 

"Look at me," he demands softly, but I don't obey. His finger squeeze my chin uncomfortably. "I said look at me!"

My eyes avert to his quickly. I knew it. Once I looked at him, I'd be like putty in his hands. 

He stares down at me and doesn't say anything, and I feel like I'm going to break under the pressure. Come on...say something. The silence is--

"Go out with me," he unexpectedly asks.

My eyes grow wide.

Well I didn't expect you to say that. 

"What?" I breathlessly asks back, almost not believing what I just heard. 

Go out with him? Go out with him! Does he not realize the danger of the situation that we're in already?

"Go out with me," he only repeats his previous shocking words. My mouth falls agape as I stare up at him in shock. Out of all the things that I expected him to say, THAT was not one of them. 

"Are you crazy?" I finally ask as I move out of his grip. "No, I mean, are you seriously insane? Like completely off your rocker?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe I am," is all he says. 

I shake my head as I look at him, the thoughts running through my mind right now making me think that I should be thrown into a mental asylum. 

What's the big deal? It's not like you're committing arson, or something. 

I might as well be.

*sigh* drama queen.

Fuck you!

I can't be in here anymore. This room is literally going to suffocate me. 

I turn around to walk out--but quickly get stopped when Professor Dickhead grabs my wrist and spins me back around. I stumble a little over my feet, but mange to stop myself from tripping by grasping onto Mr. Williams arms for support. My breath is heavy as I stare at his broad chest that my face is nearly pressed flat up against right now. 

Man...he smells good.

Why does he have to smell so good?

Finally, I realize what I'm doing and let out at tiny squeal before releasing him and stepping back.

"Sorry," I peep out. 

He chuckles and I look up at him with flushed cheeks. 

"It's okay, Angel."

I clear my throat and shake my head a little as if that's gonna help me get a clear mind. A date. A date with professor Dickhead. No--correction--a date with my first period English teacher?

...Is that really something that we can do? ...Is that really something that I want?

"Why?" I ask after a couple beats of uncomfortable silence. 

"Why what?"

"Why do you wanna go out on a...date," I hesitate with the last word as if it was a disease.