Epilogue: Onwards, to Unova!

Robert sighed, leaning on the stern railing, looking back in the direction Kalos was. The region was no longer visible and night had fallen, the moon rising into the sky in the distance. The stars twinkled high above in the heavens as the soft ocean breeze gently moved his dirty blonde hair.

I came up to stand next to him, crossing my arms on the railing. I noticed the faraway look in his eyes. "Feels weird doesn't it." My friend nodded mutely. I turned to look back at the open sea. "We spent so much time in Kalos. Just like in Alola. It felt weird to leave after traveling there for so long. And now..." I smiled wistfully. "I wonder what it'll be like when we're gone."

Robert leaned back, still gripping the rails as he stretched. "It was fun while it lasted. But what lies ahead is what makes me feel... Anxious."

"Anxious?" I questioned.

He laughed softly. "Yeah, anxious is the right word. I have a plan on what I'm doing currently, but my future is entirely unknown. I wonder if my actions can truly shape how I want things to go."

"Robert," I shook my head in wonder. "You have so many talents it's kinda ridiculous. Whatever you decide you want to do, you can do it. I'm confident you can."

He sighed, smiling. "Thank you, Zeno."

"Anytime," I nodded, gazing at the dark water below. "Anytime."

...

Robert headed to our cabin, but I decided to stay out a little while longer. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I feared for our future. Sandra's words kept replaying over and over in my head like a broken record foretelling a grim future.

"Much still lies ahead of you all. Destiny may arrive sooner than you would hope and tragedy will threaten your hearts. I only pray the darkness won't be too much to bear."

I gripped the railing tighter. I was already the Hero Born of Darkness, then I was wrapped up in the affairs of a mad Cult, and so much more. A soft glow on the horizon made me jerk my head up and widen my eyes. A little girl floated just meters away, her white frilly dress gently flowing in the soft wind. She smiled at me before fading away and I let out the breath I didn't realize I had been holding.

"Whatever comes," I whispered, thinking of Alex and Robert. "I'll have both of them with me." I stepped back from the railing, turning to the battlefield that had been set up on the deck. I took a couple seconds to release all six of the Pokemon I journeyed with through Kalos.

Arcaneis shook himself, stray sparks flying from his fur. Mawile hopped away from him as a spark glanced off her and she growled. Lucario rubbed her head to calm her down as he nodded to me. Bisharp sharpened his blades together, looking eager to prove himself. Corviknight shook his wings, nearly hitting Greninja in the process, who expertly dodged and stood back up. 

"Thank you, all of you," I nodded to them, smiling wide. "We went through some tough times in Kalos, didn't we."

The caw from Corviknight sounded vaguely sarcastic, which Greninja seemed to chuckle at. 

"Yes, I know," I grinned. "A real understatement. What I want to say is that you've all been amazing. You've fought your hardest and while we may have lost the Kalos League, we didn't lose when it really mattered. Thanks to all of you and many others, Kalos and the World were saved." I took a deep breath and said, "And I look forward to see what you all can offer in the future. It's time to test our limits further and increase the bond we share. We're more than just Trainer and Pokemon. We're family."

Greninja nodded as Corviknight cawed in agreement. Bisharp looked pleased as Lucario gave a thumbs up. Arcaneis rumbled as he shook himself, making Mawile hiss at him. But she smiled at me, nodding in approval.

"I've been told Unova has a strong league," I told them. "A strong gym challenge for even the more experienced trainers. How about we show them what we're made of?"

Arcaneis roared as Mawile's back jaw crunched down audibly. Bisharp and Lucario slammed their fists together as Corviknight flapped his wings in excitement. Greninja stepped forwards and we gripped each other's hand. 

"You were unlikely to ever see what lay beyond Kalos," I smiled. "But now, you and I will go far together."

"Grenin," he croaked, nodding firmly.

"Now then," I stepped back, taking all my friends into view. "Onwards, to Unova!"

...

A lone figure watched from a section above Zeno and his Pokemon, hidden by shadows. She gazed at him with cool red eyes before turning. She walked away, the moonlight catching her hair for a fraction of a second, outlining it pure white.

The second chapter of Zeno, Alex, and Robert's adventures comes to a close. It's been quite a ride. This story has gained such wonderful readers and I truly appreciate all of you. Without you and your continued support, I couldn't create stuff as good as this. And I aim to improve further. The next chapter of their journey is just beginning and I'll make sure you won't have to wait for too long before you can start reading. If you would like before things begin to wrap up, comment some of your favorite parts of LDOC. I hope you all have thoroughly enjoyed this story. Keep on reading for your sneak peek at what is to come. Until the third book. Toodles

Continuing their journey together, Zeno, Alex, and Robert finally arrive in the Unova region. As Zeno, Alex, and their Pokemon strive to become even stronger to take on the legendary Unova League, both begin to realize they mean much more to each other than just friends. As they discover their feelings, Robert struggles with his own personal dreams and wonders why everyone seems to see the world in only black and white.

As the friends set out across the region, they discover not all is as it should be. A once small and obscure organization begins to voice their truths of the world and take it upon themselves to be the liberators of Pokemon. As Zeno, Alex, and Robert begin to encounter them more and more, they begin to realize just how much of a threat they really are. But deeper in the underbelly of Unova lies those who seek to create their ideal world with no regards to humans or Pokemon.

Destinies have been set into motion and the battle for truth and ideals grows. Courage and resolve will be pushed to the limits as Unova enters a time of fear and unknown. And a mysterious stranger with an even stranger ability with his own version of the truth seeks to transform the world. When truth and ideals clash, clarity must rise before all is lost.

Zeno, Alex, and Robert will return in...

POKéMON BLACK & WHITE:

RISE

OF

CLARITY