Chapter 71: Battle for Prism Tower

Robert pursed his lip, tapping away at his device as Clemont and Clembot battled the two Flare scientists behind him. He heard the scientists cry out as the door beeped and opened. 

"We're in!" Robert exclaimed, turning around to see both enemies hanging from metallic rope. Clemont, Clembot, and their Pokemon were hurrying over.

"Great!" Clemont rushed past him. "We need to-"

"Clemont," Robert pointed in the distance, where Zygarde was being held by several vines, struggling to break free. Then a burst of red energy came from above, originating from Prism Tower and blasting the Legendary Pokemon. Now there were two red Zygardes, both under the control of Team Flare.

"We have to hurry and override whatever machine they're using to control Zygarde," Clemont said as Robert turned to follow. "It won't just be Lumiose in danger if we can't do that."

The group slid to a halt in front of an elevator door. "Any chance of those working?" Clemont asked Clembot.

"Nuh-uh," Robert shook his head. "Even if they are, bad idea. We don't want them to get us stuck in there or have us fall a long way down to our deaths. Nope, I'd rather take the stairs." He hurried further down the hall and pulled open a door, revealing the stairwell. "Come on!"

They hurried up the stairs, only to find several Flare grunts ready and waiting.

"Pin Missile!"

"Flamethrower!"

"Thunderbolt!"

"Chesnaught!" Robert threw out the Kalos started further up the stairs. "Spiky Shield!"

Chesnaught raised both arms, protecting himself and those behind him with the shield.

"Thunderbolt!" Clembot raised his arm and Heliolisk blasted the Drapion and Houndoom with electricity.

"Use Mud Shot and Pin Missile!" Clemont ordered and Bunnelby and Chespin blasted Manectric into the wall, creating a dent. Luxray bounded past Chesnaught, slamming into Drapion while surrounded by electricity. Chesnaught drew back both fists, slamming each one into Houndoom and Manectric, knocking both out.

"Now would be a good time to run," Robert advised the grunts, wagging a finger. They all scrambled backwards, returning their Pokemon as they ran up the stairs.

"Now we follow!" Robert began running. "They're bound to lead us to more big shots!"

"Genius!" Clemont complimented him.

...

"That's it! I give up!" One of the grunts threw the cards down, folding his arms as he leaned back in his chair. "I hate playing you guys."

"Man, I am good at this game," the second grunt chuckled. 

"A million on Joe," a grunt said as he watched the game of Poker. "He's insanely good at this game."

All head turned instantly as the door to the stairwell burst open and three grunts came running out.

"Hey," Joe leaned back in his chair. "What's your problem?"

"Hello ladies and gentlemen," Robert walked through the door, giving a little bow,surveying the room. It was the generator room, but a table had been set up near the back wall, where several Flare grunts were playing Poker while several others watched. "I'm back."

"Hey," one of the grunts exclaimed, a grin spreading across his face. "It's Rob! You forget your suit again or something?"

"Huh?" Robert blinked as his Pokemon and friends burst out of the door to stand by his side. "Oh, right. Sorry, but I was never a part of Team Flare. I tricked you guys good huh."