Chapter 11: The Mystery of Parfum Palace

"Use Bullet Punch!" 

Riolu shot his fists forwards, punching Flabebe away. 

"Vine Whip!"

Chespin's vines shot from the back of his head and lashed at Froakie.

"Use Cut to slice them apart," I yelled. "Riolu, Force Palm!"

"Flabebe!" Alex shouted. "Fairy Wind!"

Riolu was sent careening backwards as Froakie sliced apart Chespin's vines.

"Use Rollout!" Robert commanded.

"Switch!" I shouted. "Force Palm and Water Pulse!"

Riolu leaped over Froakie as the Water type charged up a sphere of water and the Fighting type slammed the palm of his hand into Chespin, knocking him away. Froakie let loose the Water Pulse and it crashed into Flabebe.

Alex and Robert sighed in defeat. "Alright, you win."

I grinned. "Hey now. Looks like it's your guys turn to buy supplies."

They scowled and Alex pointed a finger at me. "You do realize we're the only ones with money anyway, right?"

I shrugged. "I wouldn't put it past you two to find a job for me in this small town."

It was our second day in Camphrier Town and boy was it slow. So slow that we decided we would battle in the back of the Pokemon Center to see who would go to the small store for supplies. As luck would have it, I won.

Riolu and Froakie ran back to me, Riolu pounding his chest with one paw. "Riol!"

I grinned and rubbed his head. "Yeah, you did great out there."

Froakie leaped onto my shoulder and I laughed. "You did good too Froakie."

I waved my two friends goodbye while smiling cheekily and sat down on the hard dirt battlefield. I stretched my arms and felt the warmth of the sun on my face. Then I heard a screech and yelling.

I sighed. "Never a dull moment."

I stood and grinned. "At least this town will get a little less boring."

"Rio!" Riolu agreed and ran after me as I went around the Pokemon Center. There we found a fancy pink carriage being pulled by two Gogoats being assaulted by people in black clothing alongside several types of Pokemon, the stagecoach on the ground. I heard yelling inside the carriage, then the door on the side burst open, another person in black carrying a huge sack over their shoulder that was writhing and screaming.

"Oh boy," I said, standing straight. "Yo!"

Faces covered in black cloth and goggles turned towards me. I noticed a crowd had pulled up and I could see Robert and Alex trying to shove their way through.

"Look," I said. "I'm gonna have to ask you people to kindly put that bag down. Or else things might get out of hand."

One of them stepped forwards and said in a toneless voice, "Get out of the way kid. This isn't your business."

I smirked. "That's good. I excel at getting into other people's business. Riolu, Froakie. Let's bust some heads."

A couple of the people motioned with their hands and a Growlithe, Inkay, and Pancham stepped forwards.

"So you're just grunts," I remarked. "Good to know. Froakie, Water Pulse. Riolu, Bullet Punch."

Froakie leaped into the air, hurling a sphere of water towards Growlithe while Riolu pummeled both Inkay and Pancham in quick succession. I could see the one with the bag trying to get away, but I flicked Arcanine's pokeball into the air.