Chapter 5: Coronation as the Crown Princess.

(2 years forward in time)

Elizabeth's POV

"PRINCESS WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Agh... Too noisy... Is that Victoria shouting? It makes my ears bleed as her voice is annoying as ever. "Yeah... Victoria I'm here in my room."

*BAM*

I heard the sound of my door being almost destroyed by this gorilla strong maid. "Come on Princess Elizabeth! Wake up! Get into the bathroom! And change!"

"Why the rush..." I said wiping my eyes from the sudden drowsiness as she carried me to the bathroom and prepares a hot bath for me. Quickly undressing me and scrubbing my body clean she seems to be in panic mode. "Have you forgotten what day it is today?!" (Victoria)

"The coronation, and no I remember. Do you take me for a forgetful fool like you?" I said as I crossed my arms. 

"Of course not, Princess Elizabeth. I just want to think that you're avoiding royal duties again!" (Victoria)

"Why must we prepare early though? Can't a princess have her nice long rest before her crowning publicly as the Crown Princess of the Spade kingdom?" I said as I slowly wore my dress as Victoria dries and brushes my hair. 

"I just hate it when Councilor Nikolai looks down on us and when he sees you late he'll definitely use that as a nice insult for punctuality to you, Princess Elizabeth." (Victoria) said with the most hateful and stern look she has ever had. 

Councilor Nikolai was one of the five councilors that are currently handling the kingdom. For all, I know he hated me and Victoria for personal reasons that I don't know. I still remember him giving me a glare the first time I stepped foot in the Council room. Who knew he had a thing of hate for us. "Now, now. Victoria. Perhaps you should take a breather. It's way too early for that and besides, I'll just insult him right back."

Victoria softens. "I-I'm sorry Princess Elizabeth. I just don't like it when people insult you behind your back. Even the other maids are now gossiping about it. Spreading lies and such..."

Well... I think this is a normal thing for royalties. Scandals and gossips everywhere. "Don't worry about them. They're not worth wasting your precious time to be with me by my side on the coronation later."

She sighs and gives in. She continues to brush my hair carefully as her body relaxes in place. "The kingdom is changing. King Alastor... He has been put to rest... And the body will arrive weeks after your coronation. I will worry that the council will turn against each other and finally... start coming after you. Especially the Duke..."

I would like to say bring it on. I've been studying for the whole two years of my life in the library. Although my Magic hasn't awoken yet so I don't know what it is but today I will finally know what magic do I possess by the state of Royal law. "I will not bother to worry much. I know things are going to be rough from now on but... I'll become the Queen of this country and have the others see me with respect. I do not plan to die early before or after my crowning as Queen." 

Victoria gives me a small smile of relief, "Do you still want me to carry you, princess?"

"Nope! Nu! Never again." 

"Please... This might be the last carry I can give you since you're a big girl now." (Victoria)

"But I am one."

"Please?" (Victoria) pleads to me with puppy eyes. 

"No. Final answer." 

I do not need such a thing! I am a big girl now. I can't afford to be seen being carried around! "Come on I have the kitchen made brownies again your graciousness." (Victoria)