Chapter 18: It's been a while, Princess.

3rd Person's POV

"Presenting! Princess Elizabeth Refrillia Spade! Let us all celebrate her seventeenth birthday! Let the ball commence!"

The announcer bows as he steps away from the princess.

Princess Elizabeth, with her long white dress walks regally on the stairs. She looked at her subjects who curtsies and bows with respect seeing the child before is now a woman who's soon to be in power ruling over a whole kingdom.

Everyone had masks on. It was a masquerade ball. Elizabeth didn't felt like having a mask on, particularly because this is her debut and everyone should finally know her true face. No complaints here, she's hot.

From her long silver hair, silver eyes that just shines under the light as her stare felt cold and guarded. She was really pale but if she was back on earth she would definitely be one of them models as her waist was slim and her lips peach in color.

She really was the splitting image of the late Queen, her mother.

"May I have this dance? My beloved?" A handsome young man with blue hair with a dark blue mask asked as he offers Elizabeth his hand.

"You're late, Prince Liam." (Elizabeth) told him as she took his hand walking together into the center of the ballroom where everyone just watched and stared at the couple.

"Apologies, I had to pick up someone important for I was afraid she won't even try to wear a dress for the occasion and just end up wearing her usual armor." (Prince Liam) chuckled at the image of Althea in her armor while being a guest at a ball.

Elizabeth just nods as she kept quiet on the whole dance. Prince Liam held her waist gently as their feet swayed in sync with the music. It was gentle and a soothing piece to where one you would usually expect at balls.

"You're not curious about how Althea has been?" (Prince Liam) asked leaning over to whisper on Elizabeth's ear as their feet moved.

"I don't think it should matter to me." (Elizabeth) replied focusing on the dance.

Prince Liam forces a smile as he spun Elizabeth around once before grabbing her waist continuing the talk, "If she heard you say that. She'll be heartbroken. Both of us never heard from you in years. Sure I see you, but we never talk. Althea sends you letters when she can but you never reply. Aren't we at least your friends?"

Elizabeth looks down at the floor thoughts at wanting to finish this ball as soon as possible as she curtsies at the Prince. "I no longer feel well, may I be excused to take a drink?"

Prince Liam sighs, monetarily giving up on grinding Elizabeth questions as to why she shut them out completely out of her life like they were some strangers on the street. "We're not done, my beloved. However, if you feel unwell we must get it treated."

Elizabeth shook her head and replied, "You never have learned to read the room after all these years, Prince Liam. I want to be away from you and from all these nobles. I need some air."

He looks at his old friend. Wondering what happened, where did it all change? Ah of course.

'Ever since Victoria's passing. I suppose that's where it all started.' (Prince Liam) thought to himself in pity as he shook away those thoughts and greeted some of his acquaintances who approached him as well as ladies who fancied him even if he was engaged.

It was really troublesome but he thought of Althea and couldn't wait for her to arrive at the ball.

Elizabeth just went outside to where she was allowed to breath and avoid all of those suck up nobles she hated. She followed the rules of this new life.