Diary of Victoria Crumwell (Part 10)

Dearest diary,

This is my last chapter. The marks on my body have gotten far ahead. It's taking me over completely as I felt numb and cold every passing day.

I know that this is perhaps a curse, I've read these effects before and I have only a few days or weeks to live if I try my best. There won't be any cure, I know it's already too late. I have to hide this from the princess for as long as I can and prepare all that I need before I pass away.

Sincerely,
Victoria

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Victoria! I don't want to wear a dress!" Elizabeth shouted as she runs around trying to evade me as I held up the bright blue dress showing it to her.

"You need to get ready, your highness so please stop moving," I told her as I caught her arm and finally made her wear the dress.

Elizabeth sulked taking the dress giving up as I crossed my arms not leaving my sights on this princess.

Queen Ameria was like her, I remember how she always told me she loathed dresses. What I didn't know it was a genetic trait to have. I sighed as I gave a stern laugh as I took her other accessories presenting them to the princess.

They were expensive accessories that belonged to her mother, rare crystals turned into necklaces, bracelets, and tiaras. She looks over it and just randomly picked one as she wore it still sulking.

I motioned for her to sit down on her table that had a huge mirror, when she sat down I began braiding her long beautiful silver hair.

The way it falls over her shoulder made me remember nostalgic memories of her mother, while I was braiding Elizabeth let out a hmph sound as she looked at me through the mirror, "Victoria, I don't want to go and study etiquette. Can we just go over to the place library and read? I want to go over to the royal archives to see if anything interesting is there."

She pleaded, giving me these adorable puppy eyes but I stood firm and strict. "No, the council has decided this be in your curriculum I'm afraid but after that, we can go to the library and read all the books you want."

She looks in the mirror as I was finally done braiding her hair. Elizabeth thanks me and we left for her studies.

Nobility here was homeschooled until they come at the age of 13 where they have to leave for a private academy of their choice. I don't think the princess has thought over going to school once she's at that age but the private school from here is a bit far away and she still has to perform her duties as a Royal. The princess would need to leave the castle if she needed to go to school.

Other nobilities have also enrolled in other kingdom's private schools where commoners have a chance of enrolling if they were born with a high aptitude for magic. It was from the [Heart Kingdom] if I remember correctly. Still, the kingdom is well known to be the best at magic, people just come to the [Spade Kingdom] to learn technology to which King Alastor has... temporarily banned because of Queen Ameria.

He really can't handle looking at something that makes him remember his wife. I sighed.

A governess was hired to teach the young princess. I didn't have to worry because the princess is already doing a good job keeping up with her manners. Unlike her mother.

Her intelligence was a sight to behold at the age of three. Already reading and solving complicated solutions to which I can't even comprehend.

I wish I could teach the young princess some of the knowledge that I have but I just wished my writing is decent enough for her to understand.