Chapter 22: [Spirit Project].

3rd Person's POV

Elizabeth relaxes at the warm steaming water of her bath. Her body was glistening through the waters as she relaxed and breathed.

She glanced over the sword that's not too far away. Her shoulders slumped remembering the memories of when Victoria had to bathe her because she was too stubborn.

As half an hour passed, Olivia knocks on the door with a book in hand. Perhaps she was reading while waiting for her highness to finish. "Your highness, I have prepared your lab coat and your dress for the evening."

Elizabeth answers, "Mm."

Olivia watches her highness as she got off the tub, respectfully looking away while she offered her bathrobe. "Thank you."

"No need to thank this maid, your highness." (Olivia) mutters as she clasped the book tighter trying hard not to look at this one's beauty. From Elizabeth's wet loose hair as small droplets of water runs through her collarbone, she was close her body was fragrant of wildflowers blooming in spring.

Only a fool would not even dare to peak at this beauty. "You are not a mere maid but a talented researcher whom I trust dearly. You musn't cut yourself short, Olivia." (Elizabeth) complimented her not knowing the effects of her charms.

Olivia nods as shyly smiling she liked the praise from the princess, "Please, keep my sword safe for me while I dress."

'I will protect it like it's her highness herself.' (Olivia) thought, clearly devoted but she didn't show it on her face. "Yes, your highness."

Elizabeth takes the bathrobe and wears it. Olivia wanders to the corner to carefully hold the sword the princess held dear.

Elizabeth dries her hair with a towel as she sneaked a glanced at her maid who was working hard as always but not until her eyes noticed that Olivia was holding something else it was a book, "[Princess and Female Knight]."

Olivia heard it and knew it was the book that she was holding, her body panicked and shivered eyes blinking and out of focus, "U-Um..."

Elizabeth continued to try her hair while looking at Olivia, "Olivia, are you into a romance between two people of the same gender?"

Olivia held the sword and her other hand the book she was reading before that was given by Althea.

To Elizabeth's surprise her maid who doesn't show much emotion face blushed. "A-Althea gave it to me, your highness."

"That explains quite a bit." Elizabeth enthralled still amused. "If you are done reading perhaps I can borrow it?"

Elizabeth definitely got hooked on the story and the plot lines. Back on earth she would have mangas, comic books, and would be reading webtoons for past time. It was hard not to get caught by her parents, she always had to ask her friend to keep her stash. Her friend on earth loved books as she did, so she only hoped she'll take care of them dearly. It does hold a lot of memories for her.

Olivia blinks in surprise perhaps the princess is also like her? "Yes, of course. We could read it together if her highness would like it as well. If her highness would want to."

Elizabeth nods unaware that Olivia was making advances, "Perhaps."

Olivia smiles faintly perhaps losing hope but she does her best to nod and finish up the bath.

"Have you sent the letter to be delivered for the orphanage? I was hoping Grave would receive it." (Elizabeth) asked Olivia.

Olivia shook her head, "This maid did not have a moment to deliver at the moment-"