Night to Remember

Two weeks after Atti's birthday and the house is extremely joyous today. We are all moving around like little kids with bundles of energy. 

Atticus canceled his plans with Britt, and PJ cleared his schedule for today. Charlotte and Hank took the day off of work for this. We were all happy and you could tell. None of us broke out into a sibling fight, neither did our parents. I was very friendly towards everyone in the house and that includes our parents. 

Our dad comes into the kitchen and announces, "He's here." 

We all look at him with excitement as we get up from our seats and head to the front door. We wait in the foyer area, waiting for his arrival. Atticus had me on his back and PJ's arm was resting on Auggie's shoulder. Charlotte was in Hank's arms with a happy smile on her face and Hank looked like happier than normal as well. The doorknob turned and awaited his appearance. 

Quincy entered the house and we all loudly greeted him. He had a smile on his face when he saw we were all waiting at the door for him. 

"Quincy!"

"Welcome home!" 

"Bro, you're back." 

"Son it's good to see you!"

"My sweet boy!

"Q!" 

You could tell he was overwhelmed by us, but he still seemed please with his warm welcome. "You guys are going to make me cry!" he fake cried and we all laughed. I couldn't even help myself at this point. I hoped off of Atti's back and ran up to him, readying myself to jump into his arms, but then I remembered. 

--------------------------------------------

"You have to be gentle with him." our dad explained to us a couple of days before he came home. "He might have some triggers for a while." 

"No he won't." PJ argued our dad while nodding his head no. "He's already been through his withdrawal period. He'll actually be back to normal." 

"Apparently with Steroids it's different." Charlotte explained more in depth and PJ's eyebrows furrowed, but he let it go. 

"You may not be able to make bold actions with him anymore. So just ask for permission first, okay?" 

We all nodded our heads, agreeing with Charlotte and Hank. 

---------------------------------------------

I stopped myself inches in front of him and lost my clout. I asked in a very quiet voice, hoping he wouldn't reject my request.