18

Today is special

Today is special. Why you ask? Because today is Atticus's birthday and we have a big blowout party planned for him. School started two days after Atticus came home and he joined us at school a couple of days later. 

School has been hard because of the rumors and whispers. I was concerned about it when it first started but now that the voices have simmered down, I really couldn't care less. 

At any rate, the plan is to make him think that we forgot his birthday. 

We really wanted to do something to celebrate his 18th birthday and show him how much he means to us. After him getting shot, we won't miss the time to appreciate his presence. A presence I would love to miss is our parents. 

Surprisingly they are still here and I am still being extremely phony towards them. Unfortunately, my cousins had to leave because of school and they had already missed some many days of school and work. That morning I woke up and I wondered why I haven't been seeing too much of Aurora. So I decided to call her. 

The phone rang and rang and rang, but she never answered. I guess she was having a busy day or something. I guess I should just ask Quincy what's going on and why I haven't seen her. So I slipped out of Atticus's bed(where I have been sleeping since he came home) and went into Quincy's room. 

"Wake up." I whispered, and shook him a little. He popped up and looked completely out of it. He was shirtless and I haven't seen him like that in such a long time. He was huge and more muscular than usual. 

"What the fuck do you want?!" he asked whisper/yelling and I huffed, getting annoyed with his behavior. I rolled my eyes and just turned around to leave. 

I went to my room and looked at the clock it was 6 in the morning. Today is special. 

I got ready and by the time I was ready, the rest of my family were waking up. I went downstairs to see Charlotte making breakfast just like she used to do. I got a comfortable sense of deja vu and the nostalgia hit me like a truck. 

I nodded my head and pretended not to be affected by it. She noticed my presence and greeted me. "Good morning Serena," she said cheerily and I wasn't going to ruin her good mood. 

"Good morning Charlotte." I replied back with a sleep smile. "So do you remember the plan for today?" 

Bitch. 

She nodded her head with a keen smile. "Good." was all I muttered before heading out of the door and grabbing my keys off the countertop. 

I saw her smile falter, but I couldn't do much about it. I saw Atticus standing by his car and he was looking at me differently. "You are abnormally prettier today." he complimented me and I nearly cried out of happiness. Our close proximity has made our bond better and so he can finally tell the difference between regular Serena attire and pretty Serena attire.