Chapter 6

I screamed my heart out. That was all I could do.

I could barely hear the footsteps running this way but it hurts too much.

I think I need to go to sleep now and I fell unconscious.

Peter's P.O.V (Paige's new alpha)

I can't believe I just let a complete stranger into our pack. But something about her made me make her stay. I don't really know but I guess we will find out.

After I told her she was part of the pack, she relaxed. She must have thought the worst and I got my answer. Plus she should be afraid after all we are the strongest pack in North America.

"Thank you so much. I really didn't feel like dieing today."

I laughed. It felt good to laugh again and by a stranger no less, well, not a stranger no more. How about 'pack stranger'. I don't know but it feels good to laugh again.

"That was good Paige. That was good. You just made my day," I say to her.

"You're welcome?" she says with a puzzled look on her face and I just laugh more.

"Wow he has a great smile, it lights up his whole face and makes him look sexy."

"Thanks darlin," I say back with a slight blush. I don't think she meant to say that out loud but I'm glad she did, plus no girl has ever got me to blush before unless you count... never mind I won't think about her EVER. Well enough about that.

All the other guys in the room were laughing as well and I can feel my face getting hotter from my blush.

"I'm sorry. Am I excused so I don't embarrass myself further?"

"Yes."

She runs out of the room like a bat out of hell and we're still laughing.

"Alpha I have never seen you like this since, you know who, left," says my friend Damin, which is also my beta.

"I know Damin, I know. It feels good to laugh and relax again. I don't know but something about her..."

Before I could finish my sentence there was an ear piercing scream that made my ear drums want to burst.

We ran out of my office and down the hallway to where Paige was laying on the ground withering in pain.

Oh no. I know what she is going through. I went through the same thing. Her mate is marking somebody else.

Damn it! Why do people do this to their mates. It hurts just as bad as our first shift if not worse.

The screaming stopped and I looked down and my eyes soften.