Chapter 37

Peter’s POV

I can’t believe she’s dead, I sob. Tears streaked my face I just know it. I scream out my frustrations and many people around us are also mourning their Luna, mother, and friend. I can’t blame them she was great, a hand full but great.

I cradle her head in my lap stroking her hair back from her face. She looks so pale. I carefully place my lips to her forehead with tears streaming down my face and softly kiss her forehead. I’m shaking so bad that she’s shaking too.

“I’m glad she’s dead. She was never my child in the first place; I just dealt with her because of Georld. She was such a brat,” Sophia vilifies.

“Thanks Sophia for telling me,” says someone, appearing out of nowhere. Everyone from the Shadow Pack gasps but everyone else is confused.

“Oh I’m sorry let me introduce myself. I’m Georld the ‘brats’ father,” he mocks. Then a gorgeous woman appears behind him and I mean absolutely gorgeous woman but she’s not better than Paige not by a chance, but they do look closely similar.

“And I’m her mother,” she says, “the Moon Goddess.” Everyone gasps even me.

I knew Paige was different and special but looking at Henry he didn’t see it. He looked so guilty and so did everyone from the other pack that actually knew them before all this shit happened. And I know I cursed but I think it’s a good time to do so, so I really don’t care.

Georld looks to Paige and I and his face softens. I could tell he loved her very much by just the way he looked at her.

“Lay her flat on her back son and come with me,” he says.

I shake my head and cradle her closer to me. More tears slip down my face and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see her father standing over me with a look of gentleness and kindness. I look back down at Paige and lay her flat on her back. I kiss her softly on the forehead and lips and get up to follow her father.

I look back right before Georld and I slip into the trees and see her mother picking her up and disappearing. I gasp and so does everyone else and I start to run back to where they stood but Georld clamps a hand on my shoulder stopping me and guiding me into the forest.  

Rose’s POV

“Paige honey wake up,” I speak softly, stroking her hair.

“Hmm.”

“Come on Paige there are people waiting for you to wake up honey,” I sooth again.

Her eyes flutter but don’t open.

“Paige don’t make me ask again.”

Her eyes finally flutter open and she gasps sitting up.

She looks around at all the white background and asks, “Where am I?”

“Well honey you’re in-between life and death kind of like I’ve frozen time but it’s still going if that make sense.”

“Where’s Peter and everyone else?” she asks looking around.

“Well your father is talking to Peter now and well everyone else is clueless,” I say to her rubbing her back.

“What about the baby mom?” she asks with tears welling up in her eyes.

I smile and just with that smile she knows that the baby’s ok. She rubs her stomach and smiles.

“Now sweetie nothing will be the same once you get back you do realize that. Many people will come after you because of who you are and how much power to possess but I know you’ll do great just like this one but please don’t die again because then I won’t be able to do anything even if I could do anything. Also know that your dad and I will always be with you wherever you go,” I smile at her.