Chapter 31

Paige's POV

"Alright everyone please have a seat if there aren't enough please stand in the back," Peter started. "I have called you all here today for 2 very important announcements. The first announcement is that the Shadow Pack will be residing here for a little while with the protection of our pack. Alpha Henry would you like to explain?" Peter asks

Henry nods his head and stands up next to Peter.

"A couple days ago we were attacked by rouges and lost most of the pack. Who you see here is all that's left. Alpha Peter and I have come to an agreement that we will live here until everything is smoothed over and we get back up on our feet and able to defend ourselves. I would like to say thank you to Alpha Peter and to Paige for accepting and helping us in our time of need. We are in debt to you guys," Henry concludes and stands back to the side once again.

"Okay now for the second announcement," Peter states with a true smile. I look around the room at everyone and they kind of look surprised and puzzled by his smile and others are smiling because they know what he's going to announce. "Now I hope you guys remember a couple of months ago we had a rouge cross our boarders," he says looking at me. I blush a deep red and train my eyes on the wall. "Well I would like to announce that Paige is a very unique person, apart of the pack, my second chance mate, and your new Luna," he finishes with a big grin. Our pack erupts into cheers and whistles while the other pack kind of claps because they knew who I am and hopefully who my true mate is but they clap nonetheless.

I walk over to Peter and he pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head and takes my hand in his. "You're dismissed," he called out.

As everyone was filing out they stopped and congratulated us and left with smiles and laughter. You can truly feel their happiness for us.

"Wait!" someone yelled and I think I know who it is. Riley. 

"I would like to say something for the newly mated couple," she says with a sinister smile.

Everyone stops before walking out the door and I mean everyone.

"I would just like to say congratulations and..." she drags on, "welcome to the family Peter," she concludes and everyone gasps.

This is not good not good at all.

"You see," she starts but David tries to stop her from going any further.

"Riley don't," he says standing between her and me, shaking his head. "Leave her alone. She's happy now and you're going to ruin it with your big mouth."

"No brother dearest these people need to know the truth."

"No she will tell them on her own time," he tells her quietly but everyone can still here.

"No Riley keep going, tell them," I speak up looking up at Peter.

"Don't butt in. Let me handle this alone. I know I shouldn't but just this once please."

"Fine just this once but if it gets out of hand I'm going to step up whether you like it or not," Peter speaks through our mind link.

"Well you see people, your dearest Paige isn't who she said to be. Yeah she came across your boarders but has she told you anything else.

I nod understanding and watching and listening to what Riley has to say.

"I can already tell she doesn't have many friends here now why is that? Well anyway she use to be apart of our pack," everyone gasps and starts whispering. "Yeah she use to be apart of our pack, shocker isn't it. She ran away from home that's what she did. She was a loner, just. Like. She. Is. Now." she says slowly pronouncing each word slowly at the end.