Tired

You woke up about 20 minutes before you arrives at your destination. Killua had fallen asleep against your back. You turned around so your back was against gon's and killua was supported and wouldn't fall.

"Hey Dad, can we slow down?" You asked pointing to killua. He nodded looking to Gon who was steering your horse. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, like there wasn't a care in the world you stroked his hair analyzing his features you paused startled when you realized it. You felt Killua's aura change for a slight second, he seemed to become slightly restless and his eyes opened drowsily to a very worried you.

"Are you ok?" He asked confused.

"You were having a nightmare... Weren't you?" You asked. He paused blinking as though it'd help him remember.

"I don't know, I can't remember." He yawned. "You managed to rotate on the horse without waking me up? That's amazing."

"You were dead asleep... It makes me worry slightly, when was the last time you rested after using a lot of aura?" You asked.

"Hmm, a while ago." He yawned. "Why?"

"It generally affects both your mental and physical abilities, nen abilities will weaken, not resting will effect your ability to rest without having nightmares, and it will cause muscle stress." You explained.

"How do you know all this?" Killua asked.

"Because she never sleeps." Kite groaned. "And she's being a hypocrite."

"Look who's talking!!!" You said. "I just took like an hour long nap! You really never sleep!"

"I won't admit to that." He shook his head. "We're at a good place, we should stop and stretch."

"Hey Gon, if you want I can steer the horse if you need a nap too." You smiled.

"I'm good, it's really calming." Gon laughed hopping off the horse.

"Oh! Wait!" You tapped the horses chest distributing some of your aura to him and then the same to the other one.

"That's kind of you, but you're gonna need that aura later on, so let's not do that anymore." Kite said ruffling your hair.

"Ok! But they needed it, they're so tired." You smiled.

"I doubt it, you're light as a feather and me and Gon together don't weigh that much." Killua yawned stretching out his arms.

"I'm not as light as a feather!" You pouted.

"Yeah, more like a paper weight." Kite argued. You whined.

"I'm sorry, I'm not an overly muscly person." You pouted.

"Girls aren't supposed to look strong, that's why their really strong when it turns out they are!" Gon smiled.

"Y-yeah! I wasn't trying to say you weren't strong! You're just not really heavy!" Killua sighed.

"It's sweet of you to try and fix the failed attempt of words." You giggled. "I'm used to being picked on because of how small I am.. when I went to public school I was the shortest in my class." (Please role with it, I'm a 5'9, 14 year old girl, I get it.)

"No!!! I really didn't mean to be mean!" Killua said.

"It's ok buddy, we know your bad at this." Gon said patting him on the back. You giggled.

"Being bad at socializing comes to the best of us." You laughed.

"At the worst of times.." Killua muttered. You heard gunshots in the distance. You looked to kite.

"Hey." You said. "If you aren't ready to see some messed up shit, you should probably turn back now, that being said, everyone has to hold their own out here, that's the rule, if you can't do that, you should also go bac-"

"No." Gon and killua said.

"No way in hell, would we just leave you here! Either of you." Killua said. You smiled your face flushed slightly.

"I'm gonna need you to stop sounding like the cheesiest rom-com character ever ok?" You laughed embarrassed. Killua's face was now as red as yours.

"Ok, I didn't realize I sounded cheesy." He said.

"Like nachos." Gon mumbled.

"Gon!! You're supposed to help me here!!" He whined.

"Pfft." Kite stifled a laugh.

"What was that?" You asked.

"Hypocrite." Your dad laughed.

"I will break you kneecaps!" You shouted extremely flustered. Suddenly a bee flew up to you. You took the note from it's stinger. "Holy-" you covered your mouth. Your dad took the note.

"Let's go." He said sliding down the hill side. You followed him dragging killua and Gon with you.

----

When you got there the girl was dead. Torn to shreads. You picked up a piece of the cloth. You smelled it.

"Avoid the girl's blood... It has chimera ant venom in it." You said.

"How do you know?" Gon asked.

"There are a lot of variables, it's darker and it hasn't even been an hour since this happened, it also smells of a mixture of gasoline and rubbing alcohol, faint, but still there." You explained.

"That sounded really professional." Killua said.

"I've been bitten by a chimera ant before, small one, but the blood in my leg turned really dark compared to that in my wrist for the next week, and my entire room smelt like rubbing alcohol and gasoline, it was an experiment." You giggled.

"Guys look at this." Gon said having rounded the corner.

"Oh, smells awful." You said.

"Like decaying flesh." Kite mumbled.

"Horse flesh." You said pointing to the stalls. You lead everyone into the trees where there were horses stuck on trees. "A shrink." You murmured.

"I believe so." Kite said.

"That's my prey." The bird man said.