NGL

You sat in the truck, your head resting against your dad's arm.

"Tired?" He asked quietly.

"Dad, if there are chimera ants as big as we think there are... Than they could've eaten so many humans." You sighed. "I feel like we've already lost."

"Don't say that." He smiled. "It brings your hopes down, and that's not good."

"Yeah.. you're right as always." You yawned. "I think I'm just gonna close my eyes really quick."

"That's perfectly fine." He said lightly rubbing your head before going back to driving. You woke up to killua, Gon and your dad talking. Killua was carrying on his back. You panicked and began falling off his back, but you flipped landing on your feet.

"You have reflexes like a flipping cat." Killua mumbled popping his back. "Ow."

"I'm so sorry!" You said. "I didn't expect to be being carried, dad!! You should've woken me up!"

"You haven't slept in days, and who knows when you'll get to sleep again once we get into the NGL." He said.

"Mm, I forgive you, I'm so sorry killua." You sighed.

"I'm the one who offered to carry you, I assumed you'd freak out, and you're more me size, had kite carried you, you would've hit the ground." He laughed.

"Thanks." You laughed flustered.

"No problem!" He smiled brightly. You winced slightly at how bright he looked. He was happy, that was something that you hadn't seen in a while, on most people that is. Your dad always seems super stressed, and you hadn't seen your mother in a while.

"Here, they're natural clothes, because the NGL doesn't like plastic, denim, or metal." Your dad sighed.

"You didn't get me a dress... Remember last time you got me a dress?" You asked.

"It's not a dress, I learned my lesson." He sighed. "It's just to make you more formal, it covers a shirt and pair of sweatpants."

"Ok.. I'll get changed right now." You said. You ran to a bathroom and got changed quickly returning to your dad's side.

"Your bag doesn't have any metal on or in it does it?" Killua asked looking through it. He pulled out your picture frame. Looking at it.

"Oh..." Kite said taking the picture from him. "I didn't realize you had taken the picture from your mother's house."

"Haha, yeah." You hopped up and grabbed it removing it from the frame. You tucked it into a small card in your bag, pulling out a lost of your clothes you ran your bag under the scanner.

"It passed! You're free to take it with you!" The man smiled.

"Thank you sir." You climbed into the scanner after it.

"You're good." He said. You picked up your bag.

"Thanks, bye." You said leaving the wooden archway to join, Gon, killua and your dad.

"Are you still tired?" Killua asked.

"Kinda, but I'll be ok." You said climbing onto the horse with killua, and Gon.

"You could always go back to sleep. I'll make sure you don't fall off." Killua said.

"Don't trust him, he threw a pillow at me when I was sleeping." Gon laughed.

"You weren't even sleeping!" Killua shouted. You flinched again and killua noticed. "Hey are you ok? You seem really jumpy."

"Haha, yeah, I'm fine." You laughed awkwardly.

"Ok.." killua mumbled.

"Do you know how to ride a horse?" You asked killua, who was facing you.

"Mmm, no." He said. "but I've seen people in movies do it before!" Your face flushed, your mind went to dirty things with that sentence.

"You're supposed to ride facing that way, it's for safety, if the horse bucks your less likely to fall off or get badly injured facing that way." You laughed pointing towards gon.

"Gon how'd you know that?" Killua asked.

"Oh, y/n and I found deer of whale island and she taught me how to ride a horse by teaching me how to ride deer." Gon laughed.

"Oh right, I forgot you two know each other." Killua mumbled. You visibly yawned and killua sighed. He lifted you up and put you between him and Gon. "Just get some sleep, you're no use dead on your feet."

"Ok.." you yawned. You rested your head on gon's back and let yourself drift off to sleep once more.