Sentenced to Death (Chapter Twenty-Two)

Chapter Twenty-Two

Annastazija POV

"Again?  Really Cat!" Josh shook his head at me.

"But-but-but-but-but-I like cookies and you couldn't have been bothered to make me some!" I nodded my head in defiance.

Josh looked at me in disbelief.  "Well, on the bright side, this is the first time this week!" he exclaimed as he walked over to the cabinet.  He opened it up to reveal rows and rows of cookie jars.  Josh took one out and placed it on the counter.

"I deserve a cheesecake-cookie for that!"

"Well tell the cook then."

"But then it's not made with your love!" I said all lovy dovy.

 "Here's a thought, why don't you learn to make some!"  Josh made a face that read 'best idea ever'.  "Oh wait,"  his expression changed.  "you probably don't even know how to cook, do you?"

"No!  So will you make me some deary?" I completely ignored him.

"No I will not!" He shook his head.

"Why not!" I whined, pouting so he couldn't resist me.

He stared at me, than walked closer.  He raised his hand and I flinched.

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk!" I wailed slowly.

He just chuckled and flicked my forehead.

"Acky-acky-acky!" I, um, I guess whimpered.

He laughed even harder at my response.

"Hmm fur vraj vývoj lev." I said in Slovak. ( A/N: Translation: Hmm apparently fur lion development)

"... what does fur lion development have to do with anything?" Josh laughed, already too used to my randomness to be confused.

"It has everything to do with our conversation!" I reminded him, appalled.

"Oh, excuse me!" He put his hands in the air as surrendering.

"You better excuz yourself!" I shouted at him, balling my fists.

"I was being sarcastic.  Really, I would have expected you to catch on." He folded his arms and shook his head with disbelief.

"But I-but-that and I-ooh you little flugna!"

"What's a flugna?"  Josh cocked his head to the right.

"Flugna (adjective and noun)- adj. acting or looking like a piece of shmuck; n. somebody who is shmuck."

"Are you trying to say that I, Josh Appel, am a shmuck?"  He shifted his head to the left.

"Yes, Joshy Apple-seed!" She said approvingly.

"My name isn't Apple, it's Appel," he corrected me.

"Yeah, whatever apple."

"I apologize for the intrusion, sir," a maid apologized when she entered the room and bowed her head.

"Not at all, we were just finishing up in here," Josh waved it off.

"I heard a crash and came to see what happened."  She looked up, then noticed me.  I could tell she probably already new what had happened when she saw me in here.

"It was just the usual breaking of the cookie jar."  Josh indicated the shattered jar on the floor.

The maid looked at it, then looked at me and put the two together.  She stared daggers at me.  Yeah, this maid didn't like me.  I had broken enough stuff to keep her cleaning.