Chapter 28: In Due Time, Darlin'

The weekend flies by way too quickly. I'm so glad I got along with his parents though. But I didn't get to meet any of his siblings. By dinner time on Sunday, we're already back at Jensen's apartment in Vancouver. We make dinner together and then I rehearse his lines with him for the shoot tomorrow. I try to keep busy this week with venturing around Vancouver, taking more random photos, going out with Emmi at night when Jensen works late, and I even finally get the chance to see Genevieve and Tom when they fly in from California to visit.

I do a load of laundry while Jensen is reading a new script. As I'm folding and putting it away, I find the extra charging cable Jensen thought he lost so I bring it over to his bedside table. I open the drawer and place the cable inside. As I close the drawer I see something that catches my eye and open it up again. A small, square, simple black box. I debate on touching it, but I do anyways and open it to reveal my suspicion is right. A ring. A big one. "Oh my god." I breathe out quietly.

"I bought that three years ago." His voice behind me scares me and I almost drop the box as I quickly spin around, bumping the night stand with my hip. "Jesus Christ, Jensen!" I put a hand on my chest as if that helps my heart. "Sorry." He laughs. "You bought this three years ago? You were going to propose to me?" I question. Back then, I had no idea. "Mhm." He nods. "Would you now?" I smile over at him and he laughs. "I sure would." He gives me a nod and I feel butterflies rise in my stomach as he walks over to me.

He takes the box out of my hand. "But not today, and not with this." He closes it. I chuckle a little. Typical. "In due time, darlin'." He winks and leans to put it back in his drawer.