Chapter 34: 20 Minutes

Gen and I plan to meet the boys in Las Vegas, but before that, I decide to fly out to Southern California to stay with her and her littles for a couple days.

"How much ice cream do you guys want? Like a lot? Or a lot, a lot?" I ask them as I dish out ice cream into their bowls. "Like this much!" Tom holds his arms out to motion. "Wow! Okay!" I nod back. I give them each two small scoops and then bring it to the table for them. "Thank you." Gen sighs as she smirks at me. I take a picture of the boys chowing down and send it to Jensen. He knows I'm visiting Genevieve but he doesn't know we're surprising them in a couple days. I run around with them for a while, then even put them to bed for Gen. "Thank you so much. I got a lot of work done." She's grateful. "Not a problem. I don't mind! They're great kids." I nod back.

I take this time to go on Instagram for the first time in a while. I post a picture of one that Jensen took of me on our mini vacation. It was taken right at golden hour. Then after looking at my notifications, I follow Ian Somerhalder back - along with a couple other people I know. "Okay. So. Wedding plans?" Gen sits at the table with me and clasps her hands together. "I love having a wedding planner." I say and she grins. "Isn't it great? How much do you have planned so far?" She asks. "Almost the whole reception. I'm just left with the ceremony." I tell her.

The reception was easy to plan because after I saw the inside of that barn, I could just envision it. "Who are you you going to have walk you down the isle?" Gen asks. Then I realize that my dad isn't here to do it. Neither is my mom. I don't really have anyone to give me away. My stomach knots at the realization.

"Um, no one, I guess." I shake my head, trying to shake the sad feeling away. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring anything up." She looks sad for me. "Oh. It's not a big deal." Thats a lie. But for the next two days, I can't stop thinking about it.

—————

With the boys left at home with Genevieve's parents, we land in Las Vegas. I'm so excited to see Jensen. I feel like it's been forever when it's really only been a few weeks. Since we landed early in the morning, we're told they're still in their hotel rooms so we head there.

I knock on the room door and stand at the side so he can't see me through the peephole. Jensen opens the door, sticks his head out to look around and then turns and looks at me.

"Holy shit!" He grins. "Surprise!" I smile back, welcoming myself into his hotel room. "What are yo- it doesn't matter." He stops himself from asking why I'm here and kisses me instead. I stumble back into the wall and then Jensen lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"I have to leave for a panel in 20 minutes." He breaks the kiss to tell me. "This won't take that long." I say back and he grins.