Chapter 19: Can't Pick Up Where We Left Off

He says something but my music is still playing. I quickly reach up to pull my AirPods out. "I'm surprised to see you here." He says. No chance he's alone. I look over at the counter and see Jared, ordering. "I moved back the other day. Finally sold my parents old house in Florida." I say as if I owe him an explanation. He looks like his character, Dean Winchester. Brown leather jacket and everything. I wonder if he's been filming.

"How are you?" He asks, leaning on the table. "Um," I hesitate to answer because I don't know what to say. "I don't know." I shake my head. I'm a little shocked that he's sitting here in front of me. "You don't know how you are?" He raises his eyebrows. I bite my tongue and create a brief silence. "Every single day for the last like, two years, I rehearsed what I would say to you and how I would apologize in my head like a thousand times. But now I can't remember a single thing." I don't know where that came from but it came out. "You don't have to apologize to me. I should apologize to you for not being there and not fighting harder to keep you." He narrows his eyes at me. I feel tears coming up and I clench my jaw in an effort to stop them.

I put my hands down on top of his that are balled up together in the middle of the table. "I'm sorry, Jensen." I tell him. He stares back at me and I remove my hands after a second. "I'm sorry too, Olivia." He says. "Where are you living now? And working?" He asks quickly after. "At Emmi's for now. And no where yet. I just came back and I don't even know how to think straight yet." If there's one thing I know I can be with Jensen, it's honest. "You sold your house?" He questions. "No. But I have tenants in it and I can't evict them. I'll probably get an apartment again at some point." I shrug. "How are you?" I bite my tongue when I almost add in that I miss him. "I'm alright. Filming again." He smirks as he pulls on his jacket. "Hey!" Jared comes over and puts a drink down in front of Jensen. He sits on the chair at the table beside me. "Nice to see you again, Olivia." He smiles. "You too." I force a smile back. Jared's phone goes off as I talk and he checks it. "I'm sorry to cut this short but we're filming and we need to get back to set." He says. "Oh, not a problem! Nice to see you guys again." I nod. I remember their crazy schedule. "I'll be out in a minute." Jensen says to Jared who nods and waves back at me.

"I know we can't pick up where we left off, for many different reasons, but I would like to catch up. Longer than five minutes." Jensen pulls his phone out. I give him my number and then he leaves. Once he's out of sight, I suddenly get an overwhelming feeling in my chest. Like I'm going to start crying.

Even though I planned to walk, I order an uber and take it back to Emmi's. I walk through the door, locking it behind me. I put my boots, jacket and purse away. Once I walk into my room, the overwhelming feeling hits me harder and I sink to the floor and cry.