Chapter 11: Special Leave

"I found it!" Alyssana shouted from her room.

Her friends and Illidan made their way to the loungeroom and gathered around Alyssana as she read the letter.

"My dearest friend, Alyssana.
As usual, I'm writing to you to let you know how Marenus is progressing through his life. He keeps wondering about you, asking if you were really dead and the foster parents keep hounding me 'When can we tell him the truth?'. I'm even told that he prays to the Light to give him the answers he seeks and that he keeps trying to practice magic but he ends up wielding the Light instead. I hope this letter reaches you soon as I know you're going to Outland. Please consider the fact that your son may know that you're still alive as he feels it deep within his soul.

Kind regards, Norwell."

"Awww, your son is adorable from the sounds of it!" Lehara said in an adoring way.

"I told you that soon he'll know that you're alive." Illidan scoffed.

"Yeah but what if he begs for someone to look for me?" Alyssana wondered, thinking about the consequences of getting back in contact with her son.

"Look all I'm gonna say to you is this; Risk it!" Mylora spoke up. "You've been absent from your son's life for 5 years!"

"Mylora, you're forgetting she had a reason to be absent!" Faralana debated. "She killed the father because she caught him cheating on her after she told him she was pregnant!"

"Not to mention as well; How in the Hellsheim are you are going to accomplish getting into contact with Marenus in the first place?" Camlan pointed out.

While everyone, including Illidan were speculating on how to help Alyssana, she had already figured out how to reach her son. Even though it seemed very risky, it was the only way.

"I have to go to Shattrath City." she announced.

Illidan and her friends all stopped talking and gave a shocked look to her in unison!

"It's the only way!" she stated. "Besides, when I arrived at the Hellfire Peninsula, I had overheard whispers about an archmage named Khadgar. As the tale goes, he's still alive and in Shattrath City!"

"And you do know that they have a Naaru there that can detect us, right? And if you go there on your own, you'll be sought for questioning?" Faralana exclaimed in protest. "Do you know how crazy you are to even suggest going to the archmage?!"

"I knew who he was during my studies at Dalaran." Alyssana clarified. "I heard tales of how he destroyed the Dark Portal from this side to prevent any more danger to Azeroth on the other side!"

"Indeed he did." Illidan agreed. "The six of you, get back to training at once! I need to have a little discussion with my apprentice."

"Correction! Your 'mate'!" Mylora chuckled as she and everyone else walked away.

Once the mage's friends were gone, it was just her and Illidan who had a stern expression on his face. "Are you crazy or what?! Don't you realise going on your own to Shattrath City is too dangerous?!" Illidan hissed.

"And who was the one that said that I needed to reunite with my son?" Alyssana huffed. "Exactly, now shut up and let me walk you through my plan on getting to Shattrath City AND getting to Khadgar!"

"Alright, I'm listening, mom!" the demon hunter intoned childishly as he sat down on a nearby chair, putting his legs up on a nearby ottoman and his arms behind his head.

"Fuck you!" the mage laughed then composed herself back to being serious. "Alright, here's what I'm thinking; If I travel to Shattrath City on my own, the residents won't even know that I am conspiring with you."