Chapter 5: Secrets and Honesty

Waking up early in the morning, Alyssana made her way to the kitchen to see a note on one of the kitchen benches.

"Dearest Alyssana,

I apologise if you've woken up today to expect some training but I had been called in by Lady Vashj about a problem rising at Tempest's Reach. I should be back by tonight and if you're still wide awake by then, we'll look into your skills as an Arcane Mage and I shall teach you some new abilities.

Until then, Illidan Stormrage."

"Well, I'm not mad that's for sure." she yawned. "At least I have the whole place to myself for a while. What to do?"

As she pondered to herself, she heard knocking at the main room door!

"Hey Alyssana!" A voice called out from the other side. "It's Lehara! Is Illidan there?"

With an excited smile, Alyssana rushed to the main room door! "No, he's not here at the moment! I have the whole place to myself until later tonight!"

"Yes!! Open up, girl! Let us in!" Lehara cheered.

"Us?" Alyssana thought to herself then opened the door to see Lehara, Ced, Cam, Mylora and Tynsalia!

"Holy cow, hi guys!" Alyssana greeted with a laugh. "Come in, come in!"

Everyone was invited in and they had a look around the main room.

"Damn, Illidan knows how to decorate!" Ced exclaimed.

"Still not as good as the decorations in a home from Silvermoon." Cam scoffed.

"Wow, Alyssana!" Lehara gasped. "He really went all out in making your room."

Alyssana almost panicked when Lehara entered her room but realised she has nothing to hide.

"I mean, I know he spoke of making sure your room felt like home but I didn't expect that it'd be this luxurious!" Lehara commented.

"It's not bad." Tynsalia sighed looking around and sat back on a lounge chair. "It's cozy for the lounge area."

"Hmm what about the kitchen?" Mylora asked Alyssana. "Actually it's your kitchen and Illidan's, so are we allowed to go check it out?"

"Hey, just because it's my kitchen doesn't mean you guys aren't allowed in." The mage laughed. "Just try not to make a mess of things in there because I want to keep everything tidy and clean before Illidan comes back."

"Understood, milady!" Cam chuckled. "Hey can you conjure anything other than mana food?"

"Well, I do have a favourite food in mind and I was reading a book about conjuring favourite foods and how I can conjure such foods not only for myself but for others as well!" Alyssana cheerfully explained as she is a huge fan of food.

"And what is your favourite food?" Ced asked the mage.

"Mostly curries, burgers, ice cream, meat and well, almost anything satisfies this stomach!" Alyssana laughed with a huge smile on her face. "Maybe you guys want me to conjure up something?"

"We are hungry but since this is basically your kitchen, we'll eat anything you give us." Lehara stated, looking at everyone else and they all nodded in agreement.

Alyssana knew exactly what to do and she conjured a pot of a hearty stew! The smell was so radiant, aromatic and saucy that it made everybody drool, including Alyssana.

"What is that glorious smell?" Tynsalia groaned in hunger.

"It's called Ratatouille and it's actually a recipe I have cherished since childhood." Alyssana began. "My adoptive mother who was also my teacher had some specific ways to make the stew even better. She fried diced up eggplant with onion, shredded carrot and quartered mushrooms then she'd make the most delicious sauce to add into the mix along with some sliced zucchini and red, green and yellow capsicums and after a while of stewing, you have your Ratatouille stew."