Chapter 12: Compromised

"So you're saying that you're in love with The Betrayer? And that you would stay here rather than be with your own son who you've been absent from for 5 years?" Norwell finally spoke as he turned to face Alyssana and he had a betrayed look on his face.

"First of all; Yes, I am in love with Illidan! And second; No, but I want my son to know I'm alive and that soon, I will be coming home, but not now." Alyssana tried to clarify but Norwell wouldn't listen.

"I'm finding it hard to believe that you won't come home because of your affection for Illidan..." He shuddered.

"Norwell, you've got it all wrong!" Alyssana stressed quietly. "It's not that I won't come home because I love Illidan but because he's actually against The Burning Legion, therefore I want to help him with his cause! And aren't you happy that I'm finally experiencing a real love unlike the one I had with Ludwig?"

The very name sent shivers down Norwell's spine but he stood his ground. "Y-yes and no! Yes because you deserve to be loved in every way and no because if we know Illidan, he'll turn his back on you! And how do you know that he loves you anyway?" He scoffed.

The mage couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her old friend for 5 years who helped cover up what happened to her ex-husband is speaking out against her!

Tears started to form in Alyssana's dark brown eyes and she made a silent sob. "You don't know him like I do..." she shivered, trying to hold in her building rage.

"How can you support a monster like him?" Norwell shook his head in disbelief.

His very words were like knives to Alyssana's trusting heart but then she remembered something. "You know Darnassian right?" She countered.

"Y-yes I do, I studied it because I fancied a Night Elf Warrior. Still do to this day." Norwell stuttered in surprise to the change of subject.

Alyssana found a piece of parchment lying around and grabbed it and magically summoned a quill. "Then can you translate this for me?"

"As your friend, yes." Norwell sighed in annoyance.

The mage hastily wrote down the words that Illidan spoke to her and handed the finished writing to Norwell. As he scanned the lettering, his face turned pale and his expression grew ever darker in anger.

"He just told you he loves you...so it is true. He really does love you..." he hissed through his teeth.

Alyssana was filled with extreme happiness and her heart was filled with love but she couldn't really express it as it was too obvious that Norwell seemed upset with what he just read.

"If this idiot is still upset that I can't come home, he's got another thing coming."

Alyssana reached for the rogue's right shoulder and sighed. "Norwell, I will repeat again; Just because I won't come home, doesn't mean I don't want to see my son. I do, but I have a duty here to help Illidan defeat The Burning Legion." Alyssana began to explain. "If you could do me a little favour, once you get back to Azeroth, let my son know that I'm alive and that I will be home soon. Please Norwell, you said in your letter that he knows in his soul that I'm still alive! Just do this for me and I won't ask anymore of you except to keep what we conversed here between us."

"I understand...I'm sorry for my reaction too, it's just after years of not being able to speak with you personally, I've missed you." Norwell apologised humbly. "What I don't understand is why you want to help Illidan. Don't you know of the things he's done?"

"I do know, but he did so to stop The Burning Legion and its demons, so of course he was seen as a traitor when really, he's just trying to go behind enemy lines and take down The Burning Legion and their leaders." Alyssana further explained.