Chapter 7: "Augmenta Arcana" A Powerful yet Deadly Incarnation

After getting dressed into a long-sleeved emerald green shirt that had cutouts on the shoulders, black jeans, black flats and tying up her hair into a high-pony tail with a big hair clip supporting it, Alyssana made her way into the lounge room where Illidan was waiting for her with anticipation.

"Finally, I thought you'd be in there for hours!" He groaned.

"A lady's gotta keep up her looks ya know." Alyssana scoffed, trying to be smart.

"Yeah and an apprentice should never keep their master waiting." Illidan growled as a counter, making Alyssana take a step back. "Now, onto reviewing your abilities as an Arcane Mage."

Alyssana sighed like a kid in detention and took a seat across from Illidan as he conjured a leather covered book that had an Arcane symbol on it but it looked like someone attempted to scratch it out.

"Now, just so we can be clear about your skills, can you also wield Fire and Frost magic?" Illidan asked her.

"Yes." Alyssana answered, conjuring orbs of Fire and Frost and manipulating their shape in front of Illidan.

"Good! And were you aware that when you conjured a rain of Arcane missiles from the heavens, you became an Ethereal?" Illidan questioned her again, this time making the mage raise an eyebrow.

"N-no." she shivered. "All I can recall is that I felt an intense amount of power coursing through my body."

"Remember what I said yesterday about your emotions controlling your powers?" Illidan questioned her again, reminding her about her emotional trigger.

"Yeah..." Alyssana pondered. "You said that I'd also need to learn to control my emotions when using my powers."

"Correct." Illidan acknowledged. "When you let's just say 'snapped', your body transformed into pure Arcane like an Ethereal. Do you also recall during your studies back at Dalaran about this?"

He held up the book and as soon as Alyssana took a proper look at the coverings of the book, her face became pale!

"Wait! That book! I recognise it!" she exclaimed. "I thought it was just a rumor..."

"A rumor?" puzzled Illidan as he had a confused yet shocked expression.

"I overheard that Modera was researching about a form that mages can take on when practicing Arcane magic. It was called 'Augmenta Arcana' or as I've heard someone call the actual form itself, 'Etherealis Arcanis'!" Alyssana began to explain. "There were rumors that a mage tried to practice taking on this form but it instantly killed him as the form was way too much to handle. Even Modera tried but even as an Archmage, she couldn't take on such a form. She even said she had found the book describing how to use this form but as it was deemed too dangerous for any mage to practice, Modera apparently discarded the book somewhere where it will never be found. I even heard someone say she tried to scratch out the Arcane symbol with a dagger on the book so no one would recognise it! Illidan, are you trying to say I took on this form and survived?"

"Basically, that's what I'm trying to say." Illidan replied. "But what also interests me is the description as it goes; 'This form is normally used by mages who have perfected the Arcane and/or in some rare cases, if they had either the blood of a powerful mage or blue dragon. If any normal mage who hasn't perfected the ways of the Arcane or doesn't have such legendary blood attempt this form either die or they were put in a week-long coma and when they awoke, they wouldn't remember anything at all, who they were, where they are and more.' You weren't in a coma but you passed out. You don't exactly remember taking on the form but you have your memory and you remember how powerful you felt two days ago."