Chapter 2: Apprentice or Slave?

The passed-out mage finally woke up in a bedroom that was decked out fully with a vanity mirror, a dresser, a desk with a candle, paper and inkwell with a feather, a bookshelf with tons of books about advanced arcane magic and a personal loo and bathtub adorned with soaps and yet again, candles. Alyssana looked around confused at her surroundings. Was she home? Was the battle just a dream and she's just foreseeing what was to come? Or was she dead? Before trying to figure what was going on, there was a knock at the bedroom door!

"Hello? Uh, miss mage? Are you awake?" called out a female voice.

"Uh y-yes, yes I'm awake!" she answered, fumbling herself and looking in the mirror to see that she's dressed, thankfully. "Who's speaking if I may ask?"

"May I please come in, miss? I...have to explain everything myself." The female on the other side of the door concurred.

The mage felt suspicious yet was willing to get answers of why she's still alive. "Alright, come in, I'm dressed." She conceded.

The door opened to a female Night Elf Illidari! She had purple long hair in two long pigtails, Fel marks on her arms, lilac skin and the Fel eyes like Illidan had although she didn't have a magic binding over her eyes. She didn't seem to want to hurt Alyssana as she didn't have her weapons with her.

"Good morning, mage. Seems like you've had a look around your new room." The Night Elf Illidari greeted the mage.

"Yes...uh g-good morning! Who are you and why am I here? Why am I still alive? W-why was I spared?" the mage stuttered, still in confusion.

"Calm down, mage. Illidan has made it clear to keep you alive and that's what we're going to do!" the Night Elf Illidari said to the mage gently, trying to soothe her panicky mood. "Come with me, I have to give you a tour of the place before you go running around freely in the temple and on the grounds."

The poor mage was still confused, but agreed to go with the seemingly friendly female Illidari. "Before we set off on the tour," the mage began. "My name is Alyssana Runelight."

The female Illidari smiled. "Pleasure! My name is Lehara Beargrove. It's an honour to meet you, Mage of Mercy."

"How did you know that I was 'The Mage of Mercy'?" Alyssana asked Lehara

"Well, we had someone look through one of your friend's memories and that's how they knew you, by the title." Lehara replied.

Lehara took Alyssana through to the lounge where Illidan relaxes, Illidan's personal kitchen, the public kitchen, the mess hall, the library and finally, the courtyard where the Illidari chatter and train themselves to become better. However, Illidan was nowhere to be seen!

"Alright, this is where the tour ends! If you'd like, Miss Runelight, I'll take you back to your room or the mess hall if you're hungry." Lehara chuckled.