(42) First Time In Forever (42)

Start from the beginning

You turned away, taking your hand. All around you images of Stevens past were around you, all the fun times he had with Connie, the Gems, teaching at little homeworld.

"Steven... please go back home,
Your life awaits"

Steven looked around at all the images.

"Go enjoy the sun and open up the gates!"

You twirled as if a big sun shone over you both.

"Yeah but-"

"I know, you mean well, but leave me be..."

You walked around as the images soon turned to dark ones of your past.

"Yes I'm alone.. but I'm alone and free"

It looked like you were both on a cliff and you could see the town when you were with jaspers gem.

"So stay away and you'll be safe from me..."

Every memory shattered around you, falling to the ground.

"Please don't do this (Y/N)"

Steven tried to walk up to you but stopped.

"I just want you to be safe Steven... I'm not safe.."

In the corner of both of your eyes you saw a memory... it was when you were both on the beach... the song danced through the air. You both turned to look at it.

"It's okay to be afraid, just remember all the good times"

Steven walked up next to you as you had stars in your eyes, remembering the moment.

You watched as Steven laid out his hand for you, you taking it and him pulling you up. "S-Steven... I- I don't know how to..." you had started. "It's okay, just follow my steps" Steven smiled at you and you looked down to his feet. You felt Stevens hand on your shoulder as you both remembered the wonderful moment...

The beautiful moon above you both, Ed Sheerans song playing in the background, when Steven started to sing along and the way you both danced.

Suddenly the moment started to mould... it moulded into Steven in front of you on all fours, black liquid falling from his mouth.

The stars in your eyes shattered, the thought of you hurting anyone broke your heart, let alone making Steven suffer.

You pulled away from Steven, stepping backward. Stevens eyes had pain in them, from remembering the image..

"You can't stay here! I don't want to hurt you! I can't control this!"

"Sure you can! I know you can, cause..."

"For the first time     "Ohhh I'm such
in forever, you don't    fool I can't be
have to be afraid!"       free! No ones
.                                             safe from the 
.                                            Storm inside"

Steven was trying to hold you but you kept walking backwards, your hands over your ears.

"We can work this out together!"
"I can't control the curse!"

"We'll reverse the storm you made (as in come back)"
"Please you'll only make it WORSE!"

You felt the power take over again.

"Don't panic!"
"There's so much fear!"
"We'll make the sun shine bright"
"You're not safe here!"
"We can face this thing together"

Steven was walking closer to you, you felt the power growing stronger and stronger.

"Noooooo..."
"We'll chase this thing together!"

You started to spin, trying to hide your head.

"I~"

"CAN'T!"

You felt the energy from inside be sprung around you. It was a releasing feeling.

Steven fell to the floor, a pain never known to this world over took him. It was more like a pounding annoying headache all over his body, making him weaker.

You turned and looked over to him. Your hands came to your mouth as you gasped wide eyes. He was on all fours except his arm was holding his stomach and he was looking down.

"I'm sorry! Steven I-" you looked at your hands. You were too dangerous. "Please.." you brought your hands to your chest and looked at him. The pain he was in.

All around you, memories of you and Steven surrounded.

The memories of first meeting, watching the sun, going out, at the beach, training, singing and dancing, and you hurting him.

"This isn't what I wanted! I didn't mean to hurt you! Please!" Steven was in too much pain to answer. You felt so much pain watching him suffer. You couldn't do it. You begged whatever there was for him to be okay...