New Room, New Faces, New Life

Start bij het begin

"I wanted to now take it," She instantly pulled out her phone and began to take selfies, ignoring anything else I had to say.

I realized the absence of Roy and Morton. I sat on the lawn chair next to Wendy's, and hugged my knees to my chest, longingly looking at the water.

I had too many insecurities for this.

I loved swimming, especially when Rick snuck me out to the dirty pond out back of the adoption home. We would peel off our shirts and jump in. He was the only one who had ever seen me shirtless. We'd put back on our shirts and sneak back into our rooms to change pants to avoid anyone knowing that we had soaking pants on. Roy looked like Rick, it had made me constantly distracted. I wonder what's under those shades, anyways. He even wore them as he swam.

My thoughts were interrupted when I caught sight of a brown claw waving in front of my face.

A smiling Morton connected our gazes as I snapped out of the trance I didn't even know I was in.

"You gonna get in? Come on!" He smiled. I shook my head, making him frown slightly.

"Why n-" he was cut off by Roy shoving him out the way and grabbing me and yanking me up, my back pressed against his stomach.

He stepped back before confirming my fears as he flung me into the water full force. I let out a yelp as I hit the cold water, it eventually warming up. I gaped at him as he howled in laughter. Morton pushed him by his shell, sending him crashing in beside me. It was Morton's turn to laugh. Wendy was chuckling from her spot. I noticed that she had it all on video. Roy chuckled and punched me on the shoulder and lifted me after with ease after Morton had jumped in.

"Catch!"

"Catch?! Wait wh-" I was cut off as I sailed through the air to Morton who caught me and again, lifted me with ease. They took turns dunking me and whatnot, and we began to go on slides. I laughed nearly the whole time, and Wendy ended up joining us for slides. This was the best time I've ever had in my life!

At around 3:20 we dried off, the three buying tote bags for their swimsuits, got redressed, and went to the tiki bar to get drinks. I got a can of Osmos, a brand that tasted like coke in the USA, but different. I liked it so much, I ordered another and put it in my bag that Wendy got me.

After drinks, we got ready to go. Since we had time, we stopped at Sears to look at random things while waiting for the text from Bowser. I saw a fluffy pillow I wanted, but It was just barely too much. Morton bought it for me, grinning like a goof because he made me happy.

Soon enough, bowser pulled up in his Jeep, and we piled in and sat our bags on the floor. I sat in the back in between Roy and Morton. Their sides pressed against my arm from how large they were, and how thin the Jeep actually was. As everyone pulled out their phones, I just kinda sat there. I was nervous about pulling out such an old phone while everyone had new ones. Roy had headphones in, but the radio station's commercials played softly as we cruised down the highway. I felt Roy's body rise as he took in a sharp breath and had a conflicted look as if he was contemplating something. I tried not to stare and kept my eyes on the scenery ahead.

I tried not to jump as I felt something being placed in my ear. It was a headphone. I look at Roy and smiled, which he weakly returned. It was genuine, though. A playlist made of mainstream rap and heavy metal played loudly. This definitely fit his rough nature and looks. I wasn't the biggest fan of rap, but I didn't hate the metal though. I may have to listen to this later.

Pulling into the neighborhood, I looked around at the huge houses in the daylight. I still couldn't believe I lived here. I was so incredibly lucky. He drove into the driveway, which curved around the landscaping and stopped at the garage door. We all walked to the front door and waited for Bowser to unlock the door before going inside. Before I headed off to greet everyone, Bowser stopped me. "Do you wanna see your room?" He grinned a grin that didn't fit him. It was awfully goofy. I smiled, loving the nice atmosphere. "My room- what? So I don't have to share?" He looked puzzled. "Of course not!" He smiled lovingly at me. I was so glad to finally have a family as fortunate as this one.