Chapter Thirty-two: Mine

Începe de la început

"So you continued your affair with her. And you used her innocence." Dathan accused him. "Tell me, have you taken her to your bed yet?"

"No. I had my chances but she stopped me in time. I offered to provide for her but she refused that too."

Dathan's eyes darkened. "You asked her to be your mistress?!"

"Don't bat your lashes at me. During that time, it was all I could think of. I wanted to be with her but I cannot disobey Father's wishes to marry Lydia. Then Emelia had asked me to stop seeing her. So we had an agreement."

"You are pathetic, Damian." He brushed his brother's hand away. "If you truly loved her you would not make her a second option. I could strangle you right now.....but I won't. Can't have your bride wondering why her dear husband cannot perform on their wedding night." He opened the door and gave Damian one last glance. "You stay away from Emelia, you understand?"

He did not wait for Damian's reply and slammed the door loudly.
***

Lydia's room

After Em helped her disrobe and set aside the wedding dress, they rummaged through her wardrobe and decided which ones would Damian like. With a heavy heart, Em tried her best to smile politely at her.

"What about this one, Emelia?" Lydia asked.

It was a red night gown with a very thin material. She could practically see through Lydia's chemise.

"It is quite revealing, My Lady."

"Well if I intend to give Damian a son then he should be at least enjoying it, don't you agree?"

Em turned her eyes away. "Y-yes, My Lady. Though the red washes away your color."

"Is that so?" She sashayed gracefully and went to the mirror. She looked pale, yes. And even with her cherry tint lips she did not look dashing with this ensemble. "Or is because you know that Damian hates the color red?"

"I beg you pardon?" Em asked.

Lydia caught her eyes through the mirror. "You and Damian were close when you were little, were you not? You must know a lot about him, hmm?"

Em's face flushed. She bowed her head. "Yes, My Lady. But so were the other children at that time."

Lydia wasn't buying it. "And pray tell, what do you think is Damian's favourite color?"

Em debated with herself if she should tell her or not . Lydia might get the wrong impression. In the end she did. "G-green, My Lady. His valet, Peterson said so."

"Green. Hmm." She turned around with her hands on her hips. "Then what are you waiting for? Take all of my green outfits and help me get dressed."

"Yes, My Lady."
***

They tried about four or so outfits before settling on a mint green ensemble. Outside it looked simple and not so attractive but underneath had so many lace and ribbons that accentuated her legs and hips. Lydia could not help but smile. There was no way Damian could look away once she took it off.

"This will do, Emelia."

Em bowed and picked up the scattered outfits thrown on the floor. Once they were all safely tucked inside the closet, she turned to put away the wedding dress when she noticed something was missing. She shook her wrist and it was suddenly lighter. She pushed her sleeve up and her eyes widened.

"Is something the matter, Emelia?" Lydia asked.

"I...uh..Nothing, My Lady. I shall put away your wedding dress now."