Chapter 11

*A/N: A short chapter. I've been thinking for any ideas about the food they would make, but just can't think of one and it really slowed down the writing progress I apologize ><

Corona gives me more time to write because I have to WFH but I do hope this pandemic will be over soon! STAY SAFE DEAR READER!

-----------------------------------------------------

The match went on and as Fuichi expected, it turns out that Saitou has made another great recipe. It was a fierce battle because both sides served unique dish, but in the end, the result ended with 1-2 for Fuichi and Saitou.

"Thou did thy best." Saitou smiles and gives Fuichi a pat on the head.

"I did my best yet I still lost..." She sigh in disappointment.

"Don't look so sad, Fuichi-chan. If it wasn't thou and Eizan helping with mine dish that day, I might not be the winner today." He tries to cheer her up.

"Yeah, maybe, but today's match is really important. What matter is what happens now and I couldn't even help easing the weight my kouhai (juniors) bear."

"...Fuichi-chan." He places both his hands on her shoulder, making her surprised. "Just trust thy friends a bit more. I saw some fighting spirit in their eyes. I'm sure they art not just all talk."

Fuichi looks taken aback by his comment, but finally let out a smile. "You're right. They're full of surprises you can never underestimate them. It's funny though you're trying to cheer your enemy?" She chuckles.

"I never thought of thee as mine enemies. I like thee either way." He grins.

"What??" Her eyes widen at his sudden confession.

"I said I like thee. Thou art a great sparring partner, I haven't find anyone who has interest in samurai style but thee." He grins wider.

"...who knows you have this teasing side." She laughs and shakes her head. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Saitou-senpai. Just know that my team won't give up even if our number is decreased." She gives taunting smile.

"Heh, that's the spirit."

With that, they went back to their own team.

"Fuichi-san!" Tadokoro calls for her as she joins back the team.

"I'm sorry I lost to him. It's my fault I once help him with that kind of menu..." Fuichi bows to them.

"What are you doing, Chisaya-senpai?? Raise your head!" Yukihira raise his tone and scold her.

Surprised by his scold, she quickly looks up only to meet with his palm. It looks like he wants to high five her but Fuichi just stares dumbfounded at his hand.

"Don't feel so down, Chisaya-senpai. Although lost, you did a great job at draining his energy he won't get to cook at his max condition tomorrow!" He grins and make an evil face.

"He's right, Chisaya-san, we will have the advantage against him at the next battle!" Takumi encourages too, followed by Tadokoro's reassuring nod.

"You guys..." Smile starts to appear on her mouth. "Yeah, you're right. Thank you guys, you're the best." She chuckles and reciprocates Yukihira's high five.

On the other side, Saitou joins the rest of his team and was met with someone's heated glare, making him chuckles internally.

"Being a little too friendly with our enemy, aren't you, Saitou-senpai?"

"Hm? I'm afraid I don't understand what thou meant, Eizan." Saitou smiles calmly.

"I mean, they're our enemies! Why should you encourage your enemy like patting her head or holding her shoulders like that?? What are you two even talking anyway..." Eizan mutters the last words.

Saitou laughs at his protests, irking him even more. "Is it the enemy, or just her?" He smirks knowingly.

"O-of course I mean the enemy! She's an enemy too, right?!"

"No, I never thought of her as mine enemy. She is just mine cute kouhai. Anyway, I don't see any of them as an enemy. I see them as competitors."

Eizan frowns at his answer. 'How can he said 'cute' so casually?? Did he– ...no. I don't care whatever the answer is. Yeah, why should I care anyway??'

Not getting any replies, Saitou turns his head to see Eizan. He has deep frown on his face but choose to stay silent and continue watching the rest of the shokugeki. Saitou sighs at this kouhai of his.

'When will you be honest with your own feeling, Eizan?' He sighs and shakes his head.