Chapter 6

Meet me at our practice class kitchen in 6 PM. Sharply.

"......tch, is this what he had to say after all these time? And even just from a message I could hear the arrogance of his voice." I sweat-dropped.

I sigh then get up from my bed to get changed. I wear my chef uniform because if he invited me to school's kitchen, then maybe it has something to do with cooking. I'm taking my bicycle from the dorm's garage and start cycling towards the academy. Once arrived, I quickly went to the said kitchen and found him standing with his back facing me. He seemed to be in deep thought and muttering to himself he didn't even notice I have entered the room. Seeing this, an evil idea came to my mind. I walk sneakily behind him then-

"Boo~" I whisper near his ear and blow an air.

"GAAHHH?!!" I saw him goosebumped then turn his body quickly to face me. "Ichi– what the hell?!!"

"Pff-hahahah! You're so cute when you get scared like that, Etsu-kun~" I laugh so hard at his reaction.

"B*tch..." He mutters. "And why are you so early? I thought I said 6 PM, sharply." He emphasized his last word.

"I thought it'd be better if I came sooner. I'm just 10 minutes earlier anyway, but okay. If you need more time to be alone, I'll wait outsi–"

"No you don't have to. Just sit there." He points at the chair one row behind him. I raise an eyebrow to him, but seeing him being so serious, I just follow his instruction. "...and why are you wearing a chef uniform anyway?"

"What? You invited me to school's kitchen, I thought you want to have a little shokugeki with me or something. I'm not wrong, right?"

"Tch, you're not going to cook anything, idiot. I'm the one who will cook."

And with that said, he turns back to his counter and start preparing everything.

"Do you mean... you will cook something for me?" I can't believe what I just heard.

"Just shut up and sit well, 'kay??" He quickly retorts.

"Aww I don't think you could be so sweet at all~"

"Don't get the wrong idea, idiot. I'm just paying my debt to you." He tched.

"Debt?" I then realized what he means. "Oh, that. You don't have to do this, you know? Like I said, you're my friend. It's just natural that I help–"

"Can you shut up for a moment and let me do my work??" He snaps his head towards me and gives me a glare.

"Ugh, fineee I won't bother you again. I promise." I raise both my hands.

He narrows his eyes at me for good seconds then focus back to his cook.

It's almost 20 minutes now I'm starting to get bored. I've been wasting my time on my phone in the meantime, but it's getting pretty boring and there's nothing to watch inside this kitchen... well, except him. I follow his movements silently.

'Damn, he has such a nice posture. He's so quick in his cooking too though he had that thug-looking face.' I then move my gaze towards his face and found his serious but quite happy face. This was the face he makes when he's cooking without feel arrogant. 'He actually has a good look... if only he's always like this...'

He seems aware by my gaze as he starts to smirk and turns to face me.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You're amazed by my skills, eh?" He teases.

"You want to know what I think?" His smirk widens. "Well, I just thought you could actually look cool if you're serious like that, not with your usual arrogant face."