Chapter 15

*A/N: Sorry, it's been a while,  hasn't it? ( / - \ ) but it's one more chapter towards ending! Hope you enjoy it.

******

~ Central's Waiting Room, Eizan's POV ~

"Damn it... DAMN THAT BLONDIE KID!!" I yell loudly and punch the wall in front of me with my fist. "What's wrong with those first years?? They don't seem like real first years! Their skills..." I bite my bottom lips, making it bled. I don't really want to acknowledge their skills, but their skills... are really better than most of us upperclassmen...

The image of that blonde's smug smirk when he won the match really irritates me. But what hurts me more is... how Ichi reacted toward his dish. She seems so happy and proud when tried his dish... while she looked like she's trying to hold herself when she tried my dish. Am I totally... a loser...?

The fist I place on the wall slowly loosened up and my arm fall beside me. I look at the ground with grim face. 'My team hasn't lost yet and I don't even think the third years would lose to those brats, but... why do I feel like it's all over..?'

I was deep in my thought I didn't notice someone has enter this room.

"Etsu-kun?"

What? That voice...

"I don't think I should ask this, but... are you okay?"

Now you ask me if I'm okay? After what you did before?

"Why do you care? Just go to your beloved juniors. They will cry in agony soon after the third years beat them all." I answer with cold tone.

"We don't know the result until that happen." I could imagine the frown on her face. "And of course I do care about you. You're my... best... friend..." She seems to think the right term.

'Best friend' huh...? Yeah, we are just best friend... no, we WERE.

"...best friend don't betray each other. Yet, you betray me by leaving my side and joining with those brats."

"Etsu-kun, I'm not–"

"Don't you 'Etsu-kun' me!!" I finally turn around to face her. "You like them much better than me, right?? Just go back to them, especially that blonde kid!! You look so happy when you tried his dish, but what about mine?? You looked so annoyed that my dish had such great taste!"

I had barely time to register before Fuichi suddenly tackles me into a hug.

"ETSU-KUN YOU IDIOT!!" She screams.

"W-what??" My body become stilled, not knowing what to do in this current state.

"Tch, I didn't think I would be this emotional... but since you misunderstood too much, I can't stand it anymore!" She grabs my face with both her hands and brings my head down so she could place her lips on mine.

My eyes widen at the sudden action. I always think that we're just a good partner and friend. That she's just someone whose skills I acknowledge. But after all of these happened... after seeing her being so close with Saitou-senpai, being too friendly with the first years, seeing her getting off the train with Kuga... I finally realized that I want her to be more than just a friend. I don't want to be in the same term as them. I...

'I love her.'

Once that thought crossed my mind, I don't waste any time to kiss her back and embrace her tightly in my arms. She gasps in surprise, but I don't want to let her go yet and place my lips back to her. After about a minute, we finally pull apart to take a breath.