Chapter 5

~ Fuichi's POV ~

After commanding his men to retreat, he quickly gets up and walks toward the exit door. When he's about to walk past me, I caught him looking at me. His face is full of frustration and little bit of shame. Part of me wants to smirk on his face and says that's what he got from being too cocky. But even so... another one wants to say comfort things that would make him calm down, but I don't really know what to say, so I just stay silent and let him go. Maybe this was the best for him, to remorse about what he'd done.

~ Timeskip, 3rd POV ~

The next day, the shokugeki is back to normal, which means the judges are neutral thanks to Isshiki's last effort as Totsuki's 7th seat. Every member who defied Nakiri Azami had been kicked out from the Elite Seat.

The number of challengers who want to defend their club was rising again thanks to that. They're battling the remaining Elite 10 everyday. Hearing this, some of Polar members quickly went to the shokugeki stadium to watch the enemy's skills. It's Momo's and Eizan's turn today and seems like they've won the match.

Yukihira, being Yukihira shouts to Eizan, how he wants to challenge him again in another shokugeki, but without cheating this time. Of course it's getting on his nerves and Eizan just leave the stage, ignoring him while cursing to himself. When he reached the hall, he tch and slams the wall beside him, thinking back the 'insult' he got when he lost to him. It's really humiliating. Before he could let another rage out, someone's voice stop him from his track.

"Well, well, isn't it, Eizan~?"

"You are..."

"Oh, congrats for winning this shokugeki. I hope you don't lose again from first year student~ it's very shameful, you know?" He chuckles.

Eizan can't respond to their mocks and just grits his teeth.

"Now, now, don't be so angry, 'kay? It'd just make easier to us to get the Elite 10 se-"

"Ah, there you are Eizan. I've been looking for you."

Someone's voice is interrupting their mocks. They all turn their head toward the voice.

"F-Fuichi? What do you-"

"Let's go, you hot-head, you've got some works to do." She doesn't let him finish his words as she starts to drag him out from that hall by flung her arm on his shoulder.

"Chisaya-chan, wait. I know he always drags you to help his works, but he has lost the match, you know? You're free now you don't have to be near him anymore." Kusunoki Rentaro said, making Fuichi stops abruptly.

"He's right, Fuichi-chan! Just come with us, we will spend fun times together~" Yanai Mea added.

Eizan doesn't comment anything but the veins on his face become clearer. He couldn't even look at her face so he just staring at the floor. He feels angry with what they said because deep down, he afraid she will hear what they said and leave him for good. But the thought was dissolved when he feels her grip on his shoulder tighten as she sighs deeply.

"Sorry but, I'm not here to serve him or something like that. I have my own business as his FRIEND." She emphasized the last word then leaves them in gawk.

Later on, after they're far enough from them and no one's there, Fuichi turns toward him and placed her hands on her hips.

"Why did you let them bully you, you idiot?!" She yells, caught him off his guard. "They don't have the right to say that! You didn't even fight Yukihira-kun with your best, right??"

"Then what should I say to them, you damn-girl?! If I'm trying to defend myself, they'll just see it as an excuse!!" He yells back. "...and why are you helping me anyway..." He muttered the last part.

"Why? Of course because you're my friend, idiot." She answers like nothing's happened between them.

His mouth opens to say something, but then close again as he turns away from her.

"Tch, I should be going now. Anyway..." He seems to hesitate for what he wants to say. "...nothing. Forget it."

He walks away from her while she's staring at his retreating figure. She sighs and ruffles her hair.

"That's what I've expected, but... yeah, what can you get from Eizan Etsuya anyway...~"

~ Timeskip, Fuichi's POV ~

It's been few days after our spy mission to watch and analyze Central's strength was over. It's 5 PM now and I'm currently reading Tadokoro's manga which I've been borrowed from her when my phone starts to ring. I grab my phone and see one new message appear on the screen. I open it to see the message is from Etsu-kun. What did he want...?

Since that last event with him... I barely talk to him though we're on the same class. But... he seems so distance. I was hesitate about opening the message, but finally read it.

Meet me at our practice class kitchen in 6 PM. Sharply.