Chapter 2

It's P.E. lesson today, the only time for them to exercise their (already exhausted) body from all the cooking lessons. Today's sport is volley. Poor girl students. Why? The girls were divided into two teams to play volley and Fuichi was taking out all her rage on that game. Everytime the ball tossed to her side, she would run for it and smash it to the other side with such power. If only Miyoko Houjou were in the same class as her... but doubt that even she could handle Fuichi's rage right now.

The game finished in total victory for Fuichi's team, but nobody cheers because they all too nervous of her sudden emotion. She always acts cool, but not for today. After the instructor dismissed them, Fuichi walks to the bench to grab her towel and wipes her sweats, then someone came into her view. She turns toward the person and found Eizan stood there. She raises an eyebrow as he pass her a bottle of water, which she easily catch it.

"What's the meaning of this?" She looks at him cautiously.

"That? I just thought you must be tired, collecting all those scores alone... 'Ichi'~" He emphasizes at her nickname.

Her eyes widen in shock while the others start to murmuring about them.

"Fuichi-chan? I know you're close with him but... I never thought you'd date him. Do you date him... to save yourself from the Central...?" Her girl friend asks her in disbelief.

"What?!" Her face instantly turns red from embarassment and anger. "Why do you even think like that?? I'm not–!"

"Oi, watch your mouth, you b*tch. Don't say rude things to her, or you'll regret it." Eizan narrows his eyes to the girl, making her flinch.

"What? What are you saying? Don't defend me like that it will make things worst!" Fuichi grabs Eizan by his collar.

They start to whisper again against each other and give them a displeasure look.

"Guys, come on! You know I would never did low things like that!" She tries to explain, but it looks like they didn't have any interest and start leaving the two.

After everyone make their way back to the next class, Eizan leans toward Fuichi and starts to talk. "This is just the beginning, Ichi. I'll make sure to make you eventually come to me. Sooner, or later~" Then he begins to walk away.

Fuichi just stood there, grits her teeth while clenching her hands until they're white.

'He's not gonna get what he wants... I won't let it happen!!'

The next day, it's a practice class for cooking and they have to cook a dish from Central's recipe alone. Everyone is trying their best to follow the recipe, while Fuichi is doing it without passion. She's best at following recipe because of her great organizing skill, but she don't like this. What's the point of just following every single word in the recipe? There's no challenge in this. You don't go to this school to just follow recipes. There are few people who had gave their dish to the judges, but none of them pass this recipe. Finally, she finished hers and bring it to the judges.

"Hm... I think this dish still has a flaw. I think you didn't put enough spices in this dish. Do you even follow what the recipe said?" Said one of the judge.

Fuichi just shrugs. 'Maybe no. I'm not even serious at making this 'Central's dish'...'

"Unfortunately, it took you long enough to make this. There's no time to cook the second dish. You failed this time–"

"Please wait a minute."

They turn toward the voice and saw Eizan. He has completed his dish minutes ago.

"Eizan... what are you going to do this time?" Fuichi growls in annoyance.

"Don't be so cold." He chuckles then turns to the judges. "Please allow me to judge her dish."

"You what?!"

"If the Central's member itself wants to judge the dish, then here you go." They bring the food to him.

"Thank you. Then..." He takes a bite of the dish and seems to be contemplating it. After a while, he finally open his eyes and smiles a bit. "I think this dish is okay. Everyone has different taste, maybe yours just a strong one." He says to judges.

"A-ah, that could be right. We're sorry then." They then turn toward Fuichi. "Chisaya Fuichi, you passed this lesson, please leave the class now so you won't disturb the others."

"I passed?? But you said that my dish isn't perfect!"

"But the Central itself said your cook is worth it, so you passed."

The whispers start to came again in that room.

'That's it. I know she clings to him so she could save herself from these exams.'

'Wh*re. She sells herself to him. She don't even have the skills to cook. How could she even stay until second year?'

She clenches her fist tightly, trying hard not to punch Eizan right in the face. "Everyone... please listen to me! I swear I'm not-!"

"Move, move. Give me a way!" A big guy walks to the front while bringing his dish on his hand. "Here." He puts his dish on the table and push aside Fuichi's dish. "I bring you the true perfect dish, not like this girl's cheating dish." He says while glaring and smirking at Fuichi.

Fuichi doesn't like it a bit, but she doesn't give any respond either.

"I'm following every word in that recipe and add some special spices I've learned through my first year in Stagiare. It must taste really good!" He laughs.

"Add some spices?" Eizan asks.

"Yeah! It's a secret one. Just try it and you will be amazed!!" He challenges him.

"Hm." Instead of grabbing the spoon and taste it, Eizan closed his eyes and cross his arms. "You failed. Now leave this class immediately and go back to your home."

"WHAT?! You don't even taste my dish yet!! How could you say that?!" He slams his hand on the table, making everyone flinch.

"Did you not hear me...?" Eizan gives a death glare at him, making him shudder. "There are only two reasons." He explains as he adjusts his glasses. "First, you changed the recipe while you've already told not to change anything. And two..." He is now facing Fuichi. "...you dare to insult her by saying her dish isn't worth because I help her. Her dish is actually fine because she followed the recipe perfectly... right, Ichi~?" He smirks one sided widely.

That's it. She couldn't take it anymore and starts to run out from that class, leaving him with that smirk still stays on his face. She doesn't care about the teacher who is shouting at her to not running in the class hall. She just run, and run until she arrived at the toilet room. Luckily, there is no one there and she quickly hides inside one of the toilet rooms. Her hands turned to trembling knuckles.

'Why... why is he being such an asshole?! I didn't even doing anything to him! I thought- I thought... we could be a real best friend... Even though we often annoy each other, I know we understand each other too. So why... why did you do this to me, Etsu-kun?!'

Without her realizing, tears start to drop from her eyes. She thought she was strong enough not to fall into his games, but after few days, she couldn't take the humiliating. It was so frustrating she started to lose her mind and emotion. She then remembers what he said the day after that first humiliating event.

'Keep trying, Ichi. Know that I won't give up 'til I get what I want. Keep that in your mind, and enjoy your day~'

She knows what he said is true, knowing how greedy he is. Then something slips into her head. 'Maybe... just maybe this is the only way...'

The next day, she went into the ninth seat's room and found him talking with someone over the phone, maybe one of his clients. Seeing her walking to him from the corner of his eyes, he smirks slightly then ends the call.

"...call me later. I have important guest right now." He says then hung up the call and turns toward her. "Well? Look who's coming into my office~ I'm quite surprised to see you finally came here."

"...I want to talk about your offer."