Chapter 4

~ Fuichi's POV ~

'Tch, that Yukihira... I know he's strong, but I don't think he could face Etsu-kun yet! If he doesn't win the match, he can be expelled! That's worse than losing the dormitory!!'

I keep running through the forest, which is the shortest route until I reach the shokugeki place. I quickly search for the waiting room and when I found it, I saw Yukihira, Eizan, and Rindou-senpai in there.

"Hm?" Rindou-senpai notices my presence, a smirk appears on her face. "Looks like the princess has coming~" She walks to me. "Your hair is really a mess." She chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Stop it..." I said, pouting at her.

"Heh, I'll give you time and wait on the match room then~" She walks out the room, leaving only me, Yukihira, and Eizan there.

"Ichi? Why did you–" Eizan speaks first but I quickly cut him off.

"Yukihira-kun!!" I yell, stomping to Yukihira and grab his collar to shake him. "Why are you so stubborn, challenging him just like that?!"

"U-uwaaa~ calm down, Chisaya-senpai! You're shaking me too much!"

"I thought I told you to make plan first?? Now you're making everyone worried!"

"Unfortunately, no plans will work against us." Eizan gives an annoyed expression. "Oi, Ichi, tell him to take his challenge back. This is just wasting my time. We should've been together by now in my place~"

"Ugh... are you really that lovesick to her, Eizan-senpai?" Yukihira gives a disgusting look, making more tick marks appear on Eizan's face.

"I AM NOT!! I invite her to my place so she could work with me! Maybe you didn't notice it, but she had the potential to be my secretary. She often gives reasonable advices too. It'd be very useful to my job." He crosses his arms.

"Heh, in other circumstances I would be flattered by that." I snort. "...Yukihira-kun." He tilts his head to me. After taking a long inhale, I give thumb up to him. "I believe in you. I believe you can make a miracle, so... win this match, okay?! For yourself, and for us, the Polar Star's members!"

"Yeah, leave it to me!!" That give him much encouragement and he leaves the room with all the ingredients he needs.

After he left, I saw Eizan walks towards me.

"You're such an idiot, Ichi. Aren't you his friend? Why didn't you stop him? You really want him to get expelled, huh?" He narrows his eyes.

I just chuckle at him, making him raise an eyebrow. "What? Do you actually care that much about Yukihira-kun? Aww you sneaky bastard~"

"I. DON'T. B*TCH. If you ever said anything like that again, I'll make sure you will regret it." He says in dangerously low voice, but that doesn't scare me even a bit.

"Sorry, but this time... I have my bet on Yukihira-kun~" I smirk, making him just more annoyed. "Let me give you advice, Eizan. I know how good you're in cooking, but... if you don't give it your best, you could eventually lose to him."

As I was about to leave the room, he grabs my wrist and spins me around to make me forcedly face him. He then pushes me to the wall and leans in close with angered face, but said nothing.

"...what? Cat got your tongue?" I ask in calm voice.

"...watch the match, Chisaya. I want to see your face when your friend was getting expelled by the end of match." He then pulls himself and walks out from the room, leaving me alone there.

"Tch... you idiot..."

~ Meanwhile in Polar Star Dormitory, 3rd POV ~

"Who is that thug-like man...?" Marui squints his eyes to get a better view.

"W-wait, that's not just someone... there are many of them!!"

The thug-like men start to approach from the forest, bringing weapons with them.

"They're bringing a weapon!! What should we do?! If we don't do something... the dormitory would surely be crushed!" Ryoko said in panic.

"No... I don't want this to happen... Yukihira-kun is out there fighting alone for us, I... I don't want to stay and do nothing...!!" Tadokoro cried.

"That's what I've been waiting to hear." Someone says from upstairs.

"F-Fumio-san?? What is that?!" Shoji points at what Fumio carries up there.

"Here. I thought you'd need these." She says while spreading out some weapons like big shield, water guns, smoke bombs, etc.

"Wha- how could you have these things??"

"Heh, it brings back memory. In Joichiro's era, something like this happened too. And these were the weapons they used to push back the enemy."

"This happened on Soma's father's generation too?!"

"Yeah, and we're going to win again! Now, everyone, take your weapon and defend this dormitory with all your might!!"

"OOOOHHH!!"

~ Timeskip, back to Fuichi's POV ~

The match is about to start but Eizan hasn't made any moves yet. Damn, he really isn't planning to cook at all. He's so sure the judges won't taste Yukihira-kun's dish at all. But as the time went, looks like Yukihira-kun's rambling started to get on his nerves.

"If you really want to lose in pathetic way, then I'll give it to you. I didn't plan on making anything, but this will do to crush you." He said while getting his own ingredients.

In a moment, he already prepared everything he would need.

'In that little of time, he could already decide what he had to cook. Ugh, Yukihira-kun... you better has card in your sleeve!' I panic internally.

It looks like Rindou-senpai notices my worried face as she come towards me and pats me on the back.

"Relax, Ichi-chan~! There's no need to worry, I'm sure Yukihira-kun has something on his mind too to defeat him!" She's chuckling so much.

"Stop punching my back, Rindou-senpai... I believe in him too. I'm sure he would overcome this! Though..." My voice trails off.

"Though?" She wants clear answer.

'...though I couldn't imagine Etsu-kun lose to him. How will he even react if he's really lost...?' The answer only came into my mind.

The match went on and again, Yukihira-kun made those funny comments like 'Wow, Eizan-senpai, I'm really surprised you could actually cook', making much more tick marks appear on his face. Rindou-senpai laugh her ass off and I'm trying my best not to laugh that much, only came to a muffle laugh, which in return got us a glare from him. Rindou-senpai then explains to Yukihira-kun that he might be looked like a thug, but actually good at cooking and even could get a better seat in Elite Ten if he hadn't been so obsessed in 'his job'. That's true. I remember when we were still a partner in the first year. He has a skill and I mostly just being a support for him. To be honest, he looks really cool if he's cooking seriously... even now.

As that thought crossed across my mind, I quickly shake my head and feel my cheeks heat a bit. 'Stop playing with me, my mind...! You know that he just want to use me as his tool! ...right?'

Eventually, the match finally came to an end, and to my surprise, Yukihira-kun succeed in making the judges tried his food and win the battle. Eizan drops to his knees and stares in disbelief at him. Yukihira-kun commands him to stop the assault on Polar Star Dormitory and he did it dishearteningly. I sigh in relief that the Polar members are going to be okay now.