Chapter 1: Basic Training

Magsimula sa umpisa

(Mochi is on the left and Crash is on the right)

When I'm finished, I grab my phone and keys and sling my bag over my shoulder, soon meeting my dad by the front door.

===================================

Our walk to the training grounds is brief since it isn't too far off a distance from where we stay. This is due to our house being more toward the outskirts of the city. It's a nice change of scenery from the bustling and commotion usually caused by traffic on the busy streets toward the main parts of the city. It provides me a better sense of calmness and tranquility when I come home and I think the same goes for dad since he usually gets home fairly late due to his late night patrols.

"So what is it we're going to be working on today?" I finally ask.

"We're going to be working to improve your overall combat abilities," he answers. "You have very good control over your quirks and are able to use them exceptionally well. Regardless, being skillful in close combat is vital in using both as effectively and efficiently as possible"

"Alright, I guess that makes sense"

We begin to walk in a comfortable silence for the next couple of minutes until I speak up again.

"Hey dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Since we're working on close combat, do you think we could work with tactical weapons as well? I want to try and improve as much as I can and make my movements as sharp as possible."

"If that's something else you want to focus on, we can work with that as well."

"Ok great!" I replied back cheerily

It's silent for a moment before dad finally speaks up.

"Did you want to use knives or your staff today?" He asks.

"At this point, using my staff in combat has pretty much become second nature to me." I start, reflecting on previous fighting sessions I've had. "I think it'll probably be best to practice with knives today."

"Okay. And are you wanting to practice using one knife or two?" He responds.

"Hmmm, let me think...."

"........"

"Originally I was going to say one since that's what I'm most accustomed to when I do use them, but now I'm beginning to think that I could try and incorporate two." I say thoughtfully.

"Alright then."

After a few more minutes, we eventually arrive at the training grounds which is really just a clearing in woods that only my dad and I know about. We came across it by accident not too long after we moved into the neighborhood a few years back. While going for a run through the woods, we made a few wrong turns along the way due to neither of us being too familiar with the area yet and decided to use it to our advantage. From that day forward we would come here from time to time when we needed to train.

We both made our way toward the middle of the clearing and put down our things. After placing ourselves a good distance from each other, we begin to stretch for a few minutes to loosen up our muscles. When we finished, we did a few warm ups to get our blood good and pumping. Eventually we stopped and stood before each other.

"First we're going to start out with basic hand-to-hand combat and work from there. No weapons," he says as he takes off his capture weapon. "That includes your nails, teeth, and tail as well."

"Sounds good to me," I say wrapping my tail around my waist and pulling my long black locks into a high ponytail. Dad follows suit by pulling his hair into a low bun.

We both ready ourselves and get into our fighting stances. It's quiet momentarily before dad abruptly speaks, breaking the silence.

"Alright then. Come at me."

======================================================================
Word count: 1300

•~• A/N •~•
Hi guys!!!

The first chapter is DONE. This is my first time ever writing a story like this so it is a little different for me. It's not as complicated as I originally thought it would be but it is interesting to say the least as far as brainstorming goes. Sometimes the brain juices get to flowing and sometimes they don't want to work. I guess I just got lucky today😂. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think or if there is anything that you believe that I could improve.

Carter xoxo