See Ya Real Soon!

Beginne am Anfang

"Safety reasons." Charlotte answered, looking down, playing with her fingers. I, then, pitied her. I love Charlotte and obviously this isn't ideal for her either. "Things that you guys don't really need to know."

"Bullshit." Quincy said, causing us all to get heated.

When Quincy was anger, we all were. "If I am doing this, you guys have to tell me why?" Quincy demanded, folding his arms impatiently. 

"I am not safe here anymore!" she blurted out with tears in her eyes. A single tear rolled down her cheek and I felt so bad. I was also angry with them though. I feel conflicted. 

What does she mean by that? 

Beats me.

"What?" PJ asked calmly, tilting his head to the side slightly. "What do you mean?"

"That's all you need to know." she retorted. "Please don't make this harder than it is."

Atticus nodded his head and folded his arms. He was fuming, but he was doing very well at controlling it. 

I quietly asked, "And the second thing?"

That's when tears escaped her eyes like a waterfall. My heart stopped. 

It obviously had to be bad enough for her to cry about it. Charlotte never cries. NEVER. "Mom you are scaring me." PJ admitted, situating himself in his car closer to the table. "What's wrong?"

"Serena baby. I love you so much. I love you as if you were my own, but I can't adopt you."

I told you not to get your hopes up. She doesn't love you, your not her daughter....

When she told me that my heart walked out of my body and slapped me in the face. 

This was the thing I was looking forward to the most. I was going to start calling her mom and I was going to treat her like it. This news is crushing to say the least.

I bit my tongue to stop the urge of screaming. I wanted to slam my head against the table, rip out my perfectly placed top bun, snatch the table cloth off of the table and watch everything crumble. I was crumbling. 

 My whole family just watched my response. "Okay." I replied back so quietly.

My head dropped and started to play with my fingers. "It doesn't change the way I feel about you!" she promised. "I promise honey."

She's obviously lying to you. 

I nodded my head and I gave a small smile. "I'm just disappointed, that's all." I told the truth. 

Quincy slammed his hands down on the table, making the whole table vibrate. He shouted out, before leaving, "This is some fuck shit!"

The entire restaurant was watching us at this point. PJ waited for the eyes that were on us to leave. PJ said while scooting his chair back, "I'll go get him." PJ was still so calm and still. 

HOW IS HE SO CALM?! 

Our lives are falling apart right in front of us and he is acting like nothing is happening. I wish I could have the carefree nature. Because right now, I want to run off of a cliff. 

The idea of yeeting myself off of a roller coaster was becoming more of an urge by the second. 

Meanwhile, Atticus is sitting in his chair brewing. He balled his hands into fists and looked at my dad with pure fury. "You better hope your reason is good enough to abandon your children." Atticus spat out. "Because if it isn't you just lost your family for good..."