Remember

When Cornette woke up, all of the group was still around him. Even Cameron had taken a break from helping the injured to pay a visit. Cornette blinked a few times, looking around foggily.

"What happened?" He asked nervously. "Am I in the Infirmary?" He asked. Although frightening that he had no memory of the event that had occurred, it was a relief to hear that he knew where they were.

"Yeah, you're in the infirmary." Ben assured him. "Do you not remember anything that happened?" Drew asked him. Cornette shook his head, seeming afraid of what this might mean.

"Yeah. That's normal when insanity strikes. With everything going on, and all that you've been through lately, It's not too surprising that you broke a little." Drew told him. "But don't worry. You seem to be totally back to normal now."

"Back to normal?" Cornette asked. "You mean I was actually going insane?!" Drew smiled just a little. "Don't worry. It was nothing that extreme, it's normal for people to experience breakdowns like that when under extreme stress." He explained calmly.

"You seem to be speaking from personal experience." Cornette said, seeming partially concerned. "Oh trust me, he is." Adam confirmed. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

Unfazed by everyone's agreement, Drew continued. "Look, the point is, as long as you didn't do anything stupid in your sleep, then there should be no problem." He told him. Cornette seemed relieved by this news.

"Then we don't have a problem. I'm sure I didn't do anything stupid while I was out of it." Cornette said confidently. Cameron snorted in the background. Cornette gave him a funny look.

"What's so funny?" He asked Cameron. "Oh nothing," Cameron told him, "It's just that considering I'm the one who washed the blood off your hands, I have a reason to disagree with that assumption."

Cornette's face twisted at this news. "There was blood on my hands?" He asked hesitantly. "Loads of it." Adam responded. "Well that could be nothing. I'm sure I just cut myself by accident or something when I was wandering around." He told them, sounding partly unsure himself.

"We considered that." Ben told him. "But after checking your body for cuts and not finding any, we're not so sure." Cameron picked up. "And who could forget what you were screaming when we found you." Kirenda added shyly. Cornette looked curious at the last part.

"I was screaming? What was I saying?" He asked, partially not wanting to know. No one said anything for a few moments. Finally it was Drew that spoke up. "When we found you, you were yelling about how we "caught you red-handed" and how "it's not my blood." Drew told him.

Cornette's faced turned ghostly white. "I.. I said those things..?" Cornette asked, seeming legitimately shocked. The ones who had witnessed it nodded. "Oh my god..." He mumbled, knowing it must be true. He couldn't believe it.

"Cornette, do you have any idea if there's anyone you might have attacked or even.." Ben tried asking, only to be cut off by Cornette before he could finish.

"No. I didn't kill anyone. I couldn't have." He said, almost pleadingly. "Calm down, the last thing we need is for you to fall into another breakdown." Adam told him. "I'm alright." Cornette assured. "But I did not kill anyone. I'm not that kind of person."

"We're not saying you are," Kirenda began, "But we just need to make sure that you didn't do something by mistake when you were out of control last night." She explained. "What's the last thing you remember before blacking out?" She asked soothingly.

Cornette seemed to run through his thoughts, trying to find an answer. "I'm not really sure. I remember the fire. I wish I didn't, but I remember it. And I remember you guys taking me back to your place. And I remember going to bed there too. And I remember waking up in the middle of the night too but..." Cornette froze.

"What is it?" Ben asked. "What do you remember?" Cornette took a shaky breath before speaking. "I know who I killed last night."