Back Up

"How is he going to survive out there?" Cameron asked. "Don't worry. Ben's a smart guy. You aren't the only one with military training Cameron." Kirenda remarked. Cameron opened his mouth as if to speak but thought better of it and closed it again.

"There has to be some way we can help." Drew said, looking at Adam. "Yeah. We can be his backup." Adam suggested. Drew nodded and advanced towards Ben's desk. Starting to look through drawers and cupboards just as Ben had done. Adam began to search too.

"What are you doing?" Kirenda asked. "If you guys are going out there too, who's going to stay here and protect me?" She asked. Drew and Adam looked at each other but it was Cameron who spoke up. "I will! Don't you worry about a thing Kirenda." Cameron said slyly, removing his own pistol from his bag.

Kirenda's worried face got even more worried. She mouthed the words "Help me" to Drew and Adam but all they could do was shrug. Kirenda looked to Cameron and then to Drew and Adam before finally excepting defeat.

"They're under the couch." Kirenda muttered before crashing into the chair beside it. "Thanks Kirenda!" Drew said, pulling out a longer sleek black case from under the couch. He popped the latches and pulled out two double barrel shotguns.

"Any ammo?" Adam asked. "Bottom drawer of the left side of the desk." Kirenda responded. Adam went to it and pulled open the drawer, exposing several boxes of ammo. Drew and Adam loaded their guns then filled their pockets.

They walked to the door and Kirenda had just opened her mouth to wish them luck when the sound of a gun shot rang out through the air. Kirenda's face clenched with worry and Adam and Drew dashed out the door, on their way to help Ben.