Maybe I need some help

Start from the beginning

When I go to walk back to the table I step on something and immediately feel pain and a warm liquid and think shit I missed some glass. "Hey um Ash you by chance have a first aid kit anywhere?" She looks at me confused and immediately gets a look of concern when I lift up my foot and show her. "Oh my gosh wow that looks painful uhh here use my crutches to get to my room and sit down on my bed I have a first aid kit in there I can use." Now I'm the one looking confused because I was fairly certain it would need stitches. Luckily Washington is on a week break and this will be healed by the time we're training again. Once I make it to the bed I see Ashley got the first aid kit out and is already inspecting my foot. "You know Ash I should warn you...I don't do well with blood."

"That's ok Julie just calm down. Here take my shirt cover your eyes with it so you aren't tempted to watch. I'm just gonna remove this glass real quick, wipe it with some alcohol then stitch it up maybe 3 stitches I don't think it'll need a lot then in a couple days I'll just remove them you'll be as good as new."

I'm amazed at how calm she is and how she isn't freaking out over blood and knows exactly what to do and how to calm me down. "Alright thanks...but I'm curious how are you so good at all this?"

"Well Julie good question...I actually majored in criminal justice and minored in business. I learned how to do many things in my criminal justice major I just ended up finding a business job easier. Maybe later in life I'll pursue something in criminal justice. Buttttt your foot is all finished up. If you're in pain or anything just take some Tylenol. Also if you don't want to walk back to Mals room you can just sleep in my bed there's plenty room for both of us and I don't bite I promise."

I'm shocked at how quickly she did all that and I didn't even notice I was also extremely shocked at her offer to let me stay in her room. "Wow thank you for all that I didn't even notice what was going on, but yeah thanks for the offer I think I will stay here but I'll stay on my side I promise."

We spend a half an hour just talking about all the things she learned in college and stories about her and Mal as children. Eventually I feel myself getting tired and she tells me we should go to bed. We slowly were moving closer to each other all throughout our conversation and I decided fuck it. Noticing she was sleeping on her back I just went ahead and rested my head on her chest. She seemed to tense up and I got worried I over stepped. "Um I'm sorry I shouldn't have laid on you I'll just go to Mals room." Before I can get up she puts my head back down and starts playing with my hair. "It's ok Julie I don't mind...I'm sure the foot thing was kinda traumatic I'm perfectly fine with cuddling."

I lay there with a smile on my face and embrace her a little more. I know I'm falling for this girl and I shouldn't be since there's so many secrets to her that I can't seem to figure out but I just can't help myself. As I fall asleep I can't stop thinking about just making a move to kiss her because I know she feels something too. Maybe I'll talk to Mal tomorrow and see what she thinks I should do since she knows Ashley better than anyone.

I woke up around 8:30 am and noticed that Ashley was still sleeping. I heard some noise coming from the kitchen and decided now would be a good time to talk to Mal.

MALS POV

I am very very confused to see Julie coming out of Ashley's room but before I could ask any questions  she explained everything that happened and it does all make sense but I can't help but wonder if Ashley is finally going to let someone in.

"So Mal with all that being said it kinda brings me to my next point of conversation. Um well I kinda sorta really like her and you know her better than anyone and I wasn't sure if maybe she mentioned anything to you or if you could read her any better than I could."

I once again am shocked by her question and damn near choked on my cereal. I have to word my answer very carefully because seeing as Ash dodges any question about her I'm certain she is developing feelings. "Well Julie I do know she has trust issues and hasn't dated much since college when her ex well that's a story you should hear from her not me and I know she doesn't like to date much cause of her job being so dang....I mean time consuming. However I do see the way she looks at you and I would say she has some sort of feelings. Plus she doesn't let just anyone stay in bed with her." I'm really hoping she didn't catch my slip up with her job.

"Well I mean she did let me cuddle up on her che..." I immediately cut Julie off. "WHOA WAIT WHAT??? She let you cuddle up to her? Wow alright she only lets me and Lindsey do that no one else so I'd say it's safe to say there's some feelings. So tell you what, tonight I'll go to Roses and stay with her for the night give you some time alone with her."

Julie seems shocked by my offer but very appreciative and gives me a hug then runs off the shower. I guess now I'll make my plans for day and I really need to talk to my best friend. I think she's catching feelings. HARD.