(35) Memories (35)

Start from the beginning

You walked around, you saw different versions of yourself. From a young age, to the age you are now. You saw your dad and you dancing and singing karaoke in your old house. You saw yourself at school playing with other kids, you saw when you and your dad were packing your things for the move, always joking and laughing.

You saw times where you were thrown against that wall, you saw the time you found the photo of your mother, you saw the times you cut or watched the sun out of a crack, just about the side for you to peak. You saw times where you were hit and beaten, times when you were told you weren't enough, when you were told you were a slut, whore, pig, rat, bitch, freak, loser, loner, disgusting.

You saw when your 'father' dragged you out of the house... pulling on your hair, dragging you to that hill. You saw when he held you by the shoulders, and dropped you. You saw when Steven caught you and brought you to his house. You saw when you were both watching the sunrise and he made you jump.

You saw when you two were playing around, when Pearl taught you to shower, you saw who passed you the gloves, you smiled, mentally thanking Garnet.

You saw when you watched movies with Steven, when you both had a tickle fight. You watched as you both went to the big donut and sat on the beach. You saw yourself opening the presents they had given you. You watched as everyone played in the pool and Pearl and Greg sang to you all.

You watched as the sun started to fall over the sky, you watched Steven pass you his hand and ask you to dance. You watched the dance and remembered how good it felt. Watching the dance and hearing Steven sing was wonderful...

You watched as you both laid down. Smiling, you walked over and pulled yourself onto his chest. You both had fallen asleep and you smiled.

Everything faded away, you saw yourself running, you didn't stop, so you ran after yourself. Seeing you almost fall off the edge of the cliff. You followed as you saw yourself walk around a black empty space. You saw the young you again. Looking as if her ears were bleeding from a screaming sound. You remembered hearing nothing, only now you heard screams and wails. The other older you seemed unfazed, but the young you had covered her ears and was sobbing, begging it to stop.

You, the you now, fell to the ground and held your ears.

The screaming didn't stop, someone was being hurt. You could feel something hot come out of your ears. It hurt so bad, the screaming , the wailing. You felt the liquid touch your hand, it was sticky and hot. You took your hands off to see blood, it poured down your face and onto the floor. You couldn't do anything.

It hurt so bad..

The screaming,

The crying.

"Stop, please, please stop!"

You closed your eyes tight, blood started to pour out of your mouth, stopping you from talking.

No no no no no no no no no...

You looked up to see, both of the girls had gone. There was a woman. She was the same size as you, but looked... different.

She was in the same pose, the same fear. She wasn't looking up but you knew her eyes were tightly sealed. You could see the blood pouring out of her ears, your saw the blood dripping from her mouth.

She was mumbling, crying,

"Stop... please, please stop.."

"Don't do this, don't hurt them.."

"Please.. let me go.. please don't hurt them"

She was kneeling on the floor, her hands were in chains and she was locked to the floor.

You tried standing up.
You weren't going to freeze.
Not again.

No matter the pain,
No matter what happened to you.
You needed to go to her.

She was suffering, like you were.

The hot blood spilled from your ears, your head throbbed and your teeth seemed stained with blood. It hurt. But the pain was useless.

You slowly stood up, barring your teeth. You walked through the pain. It was hard. It hurt. You grabbed hold of your gem, limping towards her, as if a grand wind was holding you back.

I can't stop now..

You hurt so bad, it felt as if you were chained to a pile of rocks walking up a mountain, with a breeze trying to throw you down and hot boiling thick water slashing in your head.

You looked at the woman. She seemed older than you. She had long black thick hair, she wore a black skin dress that had holes in. You couldn't see her chest or face. Her arms held her down.

You looked at her and stopped,

She looked up.

"Mom..."