part 28: meeting greg

you lifted your head, mildly surprised at the information as spinel dislodged herself from your fur, wiping away stray strands that clung to her lips. "wait, wha?"

Steven then gestured to his father to come closer, to which he initially hesitated, but after a moment, he walked to meet his son in front of him. "uhm... hi there." he said awkwardly, earning a nod of acknowledgement from you. "nice to meet ya!" spinel replies in a cheery, yet tired voice, sticking her hand out to shake the man's hand, to which he does, albeit awkwardly and slowly. you turn your head to Steven, who beams and steps aside. "and since he's gonna stay here, you two should get to know each other!" he states matter-of-factly to which you internally shrug. sounds reasonable. you turned your gaze back to Greg. ...soooo.... an awkward silence meet you both stared at each other, with greg uttering "uh"s and "ums" while you find yourself biting your lip while spinel just smiled at nothing while playing with your mane.

what to start with...

"(name) sorry." greg's eyes widened, slightly baffled as to what you're referring to and mildly startled at the abrupt break in silence. "H-huh?" he lifts his brow prompting you to huff slightly. "human greg is broken because of (name)'s dullness." you lowered your gaze and fiddled with your thumbs. "(name) sorry. really sorry.." some more silence came over you as your somber words hung in the air. if I'm gonna live with this guy, the least I could do is apologize for his condition... you were suddenly startled by fingers suddenly scratching behind your horn, igniting a satisfied purr in your throat. "aw, Don't fret about it, bud." he reassured, smiling as you leaned into his hand instinctively. "at least I got to be with schtu-ball over there!" unconvinced, you murmur sadly in your throat and lean into his hand, making him smile and relax a bit, letting his palm caress your cheek. "aw, cheer up," he reaches over with a free hand and parts your bang to where your sad eye is visible. "it's not that bad. a little lapse like this is no skin off my nose. after all, I get to spend some more time with my son now!"

you murmured again, only you looked a lot more reassured, even letting a small smile enlighten your face. "yeah, there we go!" you place your hand on his, which was resting on your cheek. Greg chuckles and ruffles your hair, making you growl in delight while Steven laughs in triumph, pumping his fists into the air. "whoo-hoo, yeah!" he starts running around you three cheerfully. "another bud to add to your buddy list, (name)! woo-hoo!" spinel laughs as well, running around you both as you lick greg's palm as he itches your cheek, making the man chuckle as he relaxed. "yeah, atta' girl." he praises to which you wag your tail in appreciation. after a brief high five with spinel, Steven grins broadly at you and greg. "well, now that that's settled," he pumps his fists excitedly into the air as he bellowed out;

"LET THE FATHER-SON BONDING BEGIN!"