part 79: end of the sneople

They... they're safe

Though they looked frantic and panicked, they didn't appear to be injured. And just the very sight of them both extinguished the scorching feral rage instantaneously, and you lowered your fist and backed up, releasing Ronaldo from your hold, allowing him to scrabble to his feet and back away from you.

"...what is this?" You gestured to his odd reptilian pants, as well as spinel, who was STILL in her corrupt gemling form. Behind you you heard amethyst snicker at steven's attire.

"Steven, your legs!" Ronaldo exclaimed in horror. "What has she do to you!?"

"Ronaldo! It's not real!" Steven exclaims, thoroughly annoyed with everything, as he threw his costume to the ground. "It was me... again."

Ronaldo stared at the costume in disbelief. "That... makes no sense..." he uttered, falling to his knees and clutching the costume desperately. Behind the gems peedee appeared to have realized what he was roped into and watches his brother with a blush of embarrassment on his cheeks.

"We just wanted to inspire Ronaldo to be wierd again." He explained sheepishly, as spinel had her head dropped in shame, dragging her finger across the ground.

"NO! It-it just isn't that simple!" Ronaldo cries in frustrated denial. "There's got to be more than just.... You!"

You glared at him in annoyance, while the gems look uncomfortable at the boy's break down, as spinel scurried beneath you, hiding behind your forearm.

"But there is more!" Peedee suddenly exclaimed, scrabbling to grab at the many papers on the ground. "(Name) is just uh... piece of the puzzle! Look at this!" Peedee holds up a note. "I think It's gotta be uh... level 8 beings pulling the strings."

"Get real, peedee." Ronaldo retorts, before pausing in thought. "...level 8 beings are a worker society incapable of such organization..." there was another pause. "Whoa, wait a minute," he suddenly spreads the papers around on the ground, studying them pensively. "How did I never see this before?? I know what the diamond means..." He stares at the dollar bill, his eyes focused on the diamond. "Polymorphic sentient rocks!"

...what?

You suddenly felt a gentle tug at your tail, and you turn to see peedee holding it, gesturing you to follow him.

With one last glare at the delusional blonde as he started laughing hysterically, you all snuck out of the lighthouse.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is peedee sure Ronaldo is better like that?"

Peedee shuts the door slowly, drowning out his brother's laughter, turning to smile at you softly. "Yeah. He's happy, ya know?" Steven smiles placidly, even if it is a little weary. "Yeah." He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "And ehm... sorry about Ronaldo taking spinel."

Garnet shrugged. "Just be glad steven managed to stop her."

You reply with a deep hmph of affirmation, crouching down slightly to let steven climb onto your back, before leaning forward to pick spinel up into your mouth. "Spinel and Steven late for dinner." You rumbled between the fur in your mouth. "Come on."

With that, you all began to make your way down the hill away from the lighthouse, with with peedee leading the way and pearl and garnet walking on either side of you

With that, you all began to make your way down the hill away from the lighthouse, with with peedee leading the way and pearl and garnet walking on either side of you. Ameythyst behind you, fiddling with your tail as it swayed slightly with each step.

It was relatively silent, until you heard the final outbursts from Ronaldo as he stood atop the lighthouse's balcony.

"THEY'RE HERE TO HOLLOW OUT THE EARTH!"

"IT'S PART OF THE GREAT DIAMOND AUTHORITY!"

"They'll take on any form! You can read all about it... ON MY BLOOOOOG!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Steven and spinel okay, right? Ronaldo didn't hurt them too bad?"

You sat them at the couch, and looked them both over with worried eyes.

Steven and spinel exchanged weary looks with each other, before Steven looked back at you with a reassuring smile. "We're okay, (name)... honest! My head's a little sore, but I'm okay!"

You grumbled under your breath, looking at his forehead pensively. You made a soft whimper noise, and pressed your muzzle into it, turning to do the same to spinel, giving her a small lick between her pigtails before heading back to the kitchen. "Steven get dressed in pajamas. Spinel get out of that form. Then come back down for dinner."

"Yes ma'am." He scurried up the stairs in a haste, as spinel shook herself, a brief flash of light, reverts back to her normal, took humanoid form. As you turned on the sink to wash your paws, you looked over your shoulder at the pink gem. "Spinel, what happened at the lighthouse? What else did Ronaldo do?"

Spinel shrugged, straightening out her pigtails while looking off to the side with a bit of a sheepish expression. "Well... after he hit Steven with a potato thingie, he shined a flash light in our eyes and said something about uhh... amphibianoids?" She then rubbed the back of her neck, with a slight pout on her lips. "Kinda hurt when he dropped me..."

You looked back at her over your shoulder at her, eyes wide in surprise before you grumbled under your breath, shaking your head. Like a potato would be an effective knock-out method, should 'sneople' actually exist. "Lunatic." You sighed, before opening the cupboards. "What does spinel and steven want for late dinner?"

"Grilled cheese, please!" You hear steven chirp as he ran down the stairs hastily putting on his pajama shirt, climbing onto the bar stool, with an eager smile. "Yeah, me too!" Spinel stretched her way over to your seat, smiling just as cheerily as the halfling beside her. You couldn't help but internally wince at this.

How long could such cheerfulness last when danger practically lurks around every corner?

You huffed softly, gathering your needed ingredients. "Next time, please think more clearly about how you go about fixing things." You rumbled tiredly. "Steven or spinel may never fully know the outcome of something if they don't think it through."

Steven giggled sheepishly. "N-noted."

Spinel nods with a modest giggle. "Wouldn't wanna upset ya again!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're getting to the good parts, I promise-