23

39 weeks

Blair loved Halloween. Ever since she was a small child she'd loved the idea of dressing up, of getting to be someone else for a night.

After her first tour she had been blown away a few months later when she'd been flooded with social media tags of little girls dressed up as her for the holiday.

The idea that she wasn't going to be able to participate in the costumes, candy, and general chaotic fun of the occasion was particularly upsetting and she told Blake as much as she slumped farther into the sofa in their house.

"I know it won't be the same baby, but we can still hand out candy at Cash's and I got you a pumpkin shirt..."

"What do you mean you got me a pumpkin shirt?" She asked, her eyes narrowed.

He smiled and disappeared for a moment, opening the coat closet and returning with a large orange shirt, over the belly a jack o' lanterns face.

He smirked at her proudly as she just shook her head and laughed.

"I got a size up so you can just wear leggings."

"Fuck, I love that you know there is not a chance in hell I'm wearing real pants until long after Bayler makes her appearance."

"I know baby." He murmured into her ear before pecking her cheek. "I've got something else that'll make today a little better. I'm surprised you didn't ask to see it as soon as we got home yesterday."

She thought for a moment, a puzzled look upon her face until she was hit with a moment of realization.

"Bay's room?" She said with a bright smile.

He nodded and took her hand.

"Come on, I'll help you up the stairs."

"I wanted to see it last night but I was just so exhausted from the ride and just in general and we slept late this morning plus I've got pregnancy brain." She reasoned as he led her to the stairs and assisted her up them.

"Okay, so I really hope you like it. I told Cash some ideas and he ran with it and I really think you will but if you don't, I don't know I'll make him come fix it before she's born or something—"

Blair shushed him, placing her pointer finger against his lips as they came to a stop outside of the nursery door.

"You ready to see it?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Okay, hold on. I told Cash I'd FaceTime him when I showed you."

He tugged his phone from his back pocket and opened the app, pressing Cash's contact and waiting for the call to connect.

"Hi!" Cash said happily through the screen. "Jenna is here to, is this like "the call"?" He asked excitedly.

"If you're asking if it's the call that Blair is in labor, then no." Blake said and Cash's smile faltered slightly. "But if it's the call that I'm about to show her the nursery, then yes."

"Aw, cool. How is everything? How are you Blair? You guys still planning to come hand out candy over here tonight?"

"Um, good, I'm still fucking pregnant, and yes unless Blake's child decides Halloween would be a cool birthday which.." she looked down and spoke to her stomach, her hands cradling the sides, "it fucking would."

"Okay, well we'll plan on seeing you guys in a few hours. Blake open the door, I'm ready for her to see it!"

Jenna appears in the screen beside him and she waved to her before her attention was redirected as Blake opened the door.