17

30 weeks

Blair and Blake sat side stage as Marley began the show.

The girl was talented but in Blake's eyes no one would ever compare to Blair.

He told her as much as they watched and commented on the girls performance. Her nerves were obvious but with time she had the potential to grow into a true performer much the same as Blair had.

Blair felt the nervous bubble of excitement twist in her stomach as Marley's set ended and the girl brushed by them with only a smile.

Blair raised her eyebrows and titled her head to Blake wondering if he had found the girl ignoring them as odd as she had, but he seemed unphased.

She watched the crew arrange the stage for her, hoping her fans wouldn't be disappointed by her short six song set.

Blake stayed dutifully by her side, holding her hand and kissing her sweetly as her intro blared over the speakers and she made her way to the stool that was waiting for her center stage.

She was starting her set with her newest single, the one Blake said was one of his favorites because it was their song , 'For You'.

For you I'm not afraid to make mistakes
And you have never asked me once to change
Whenever I'm in doubt, you put the fire out
And we, we never need to compromise
But if we ever did, I'd take your side
Not all are great at love, but I do my best because

For you I would breathe underwater
And for you I would fly without wings
And for you I would run like the sun chases the moon

'Cause everything I do is all for you
For you I have nothing left to ask
Cause you have always been my better half
If love is the reason we're alive,
you are my only air supply

For you I would breathe underwater
And for you I would fly without wings
And for you I would run
like the sun chases the moon
'Cause everything I do is all for you

The words fell easily past her pink lips. Singing about Blake was like second nature at this point. As easy and natural as breathing.

Her first show of tour jitters faded as the song finished and she greeted the crowd.

"Hey there Phoenix!" She said warmly into the microphone as she was welcomed with a chorus of screams. "I'm so excited to be here tonight to play for you. If you haven't heard things were looking a little iffy because of this one." She grinned as her hand dropped to her protruded abdomen.

"I hope you're excited. I'm going to try to make the most of this short little set they've cleared me for and  after she's here I promise I'll come back and make it up to you."

She continued her set, losing herself in the music, her eyes searching the darkened arena. She let muscle memory take over as she took in the thrilled grins and playful smiles. Her stomach twisted slightly, at the thought of not being able to do her show as she wanted to, like she knew she was capable of.

A tear slid down her cheek as the song she was most proud of, and most connected to, finished. More was a special song and though she'd been scared to play it live before, it was easier with her hand on her stomach and the random, strong kicks of her daughter to comfort her. She didn't want to alarm anyone or let herself get trapped in her own head. She had a moment to gather herself so she took a shaking breath and tried to speak, hoping no one could hear the emotion that was thick and trying to fight its way into her words.

"So who's excited to see Paper Parachute?" She pondered, a light laugh that pulled at the corners of her eyes at the response from the crowd.

"Well, as a special treat I convinced my husband to bring back a special song we haven't done live in a long while. Please welcome to the stage Mr, Blake Everett!"

His hands surprise her on her shoulders, his scent overpowering as he moved from behind her to sit on his own stool he had brought out with him.

He gave her a knowing look and a silent conversation passed between them as his green eyes met her blue ones. He tilted his head subtly, too small of a motion for the thousands of people around them to notice but enough for her to realize it was his way of asking if she was okay.

She dropped her chin just a hair. She may have been lying a little but a white lie never hurt anyone and she wanted to be okay. This is what she could do at the moment, this was what he'd worked so hard to make happen for her and what was safe for both her and the baby they still couldn't agree upon a name for.

"So, Blair twisted my arm and we've got a little surprise for you. Do any of you know a little song called Shake It Out?"

His eyes danced with amusement at their cheers.

"Well we're gonna find out!" He yelled as the band began to play.

He turned to Blair, his eyes on hers like they were the only two people in the room. With his gaze fixed on hers like that they could have been at home in their living room or on Mars, she wouldn't have noticed.

His throat worked as he stand out, loud and clear and comforting, his voice doing what it always did for Blair. Making her feel at home.

His fingers reached out for hers, taking her hand and pulling it back to him to rest on his knee. His thumb rubbed circles over the back of her hand his calloused touch rough but exactly what she was craving in the moment.

She didn't even notice the song had finished until he stood beside her —she'd been too busy losing himself in her and her body had taken over the performance for her.

His hand rested firmly on the back of her head as he bent down and kissed her lips, firm but gentle in the way that sent electricity through her straight from her head to her toes. He smirked, boyish and charming as he pulled away from her, "you've got this" he whispered, offering a final wave to the crowd and running off stage to allow her to finish her set.

"Well, alright guys, I've got one last song for you and then I'm off. I hope you e enjoyed this. Thanks for allowing me these precious moments of your life tonight. This one goes out to everyone who's feeling alone and unheard. It's a reminder that there are better days ahead and someday you'll rise above the waters and your life will no longer be Dark Blue."

The cheers rang out long after she'd made it off the stage following the conclusion of the song and Blake had swept her into his arms.

Sure it wasn't the set she wanted to play but she was being ungrateful. Not too long ago she'd have done anything to play even one song to a crowd this size and she tried to keep that in mind as Blake took the stage for his own set.

His hour and a half seemed to fly by. It was so easy to get swept away and let time disappear when she was watching him.

She smiled over to Marley who'd come to watch side stage. It was smart of the girl to take in the other sets and get as much exposure to the art of performance as possible.

Blair didn't really think anything of it until Blake came off stage, bee lining straight for Blair only to be stopped in his tracks by an interceding Marley.

Blair quirked an eyebrow as the girls hand rested on her husbands forearm.

Who the fuck did this girl think she was?

An: so.. thoughts?

Come on you know there has to be SOME kind of drama.

Ily
Sav 🖤