32.

Blake was mad. Furious. Pissed. Whatever the strongest word for indescribably angry was, he was that, three times over.

He could practically feel the steam coming from his ears. He was fuming. Everyone around him seemed to realize the need to tread lightly and steer clear of him. His obvious indignation was only exasperated by his inability to do a single damned thing right in the recording studio.

The hours passed painstakingly slowly and time seemed to completely halt as he watched the clock, waiting for her scheduled arrival. He had to talk to her. He hoped by the time she got here his temper would have cooled at least slightly but, as the minutes ticked by, his annoyance seemed to only grow.

His eyes flickered up to the clock on the wall as the sound of her voice trickled down the hallway. Paper Parachute were in the midst of a break. All the eyes in the room seemed to snap to Blake, leaving him no where else to fix his gaze apart from the doorway.

His heart squeezed tightly in his chest as she walked in, searching the room, before finally settling upon him.

"Hey! I called you and texted, but you didn't answer..." her voice wavered and died out as she felt the stares of the whole room upon her. "Ohh-Kay." She said dragging out the syllables.

"Can I talk to you?" He choked out, his throat tight and his voice mangled.

She quirked a confused eyebrow but followed him as he stepped from the room and across the hall to give them some privacy.

Blair's face fell as he turned to her. He ran his hands down his face as he tried to hold back the brunt of emotions he was feeling. He'd never been good at restraining his anger and it was taking every ounce of his self control. Beads of sweat appeared across his brow and the veins in his neck were prominent as he stewed.

"What-what is it? What's wrong?" She said, her voice small.

What was wrong? He didn't even know where to begin.

"Blair, I once asked you not to go blabbing all my deepest secrets. I trusted you. I—I thought I could trust you." His voice broke and he realized that the more accurate word for what he was feeling wasn't anger at all, it was hurt. 

"You can trust me, Blake. Baby, what are you talking about?"

Her voice rose in pitch as her composure began to fall.

"The fucking interview, Blair." He said, his annoyance that she still seemed clueless to the cause of his outrage seeping through his well held defenses.

"The interview?" She questioned still apprently confused.

He gave her a moment allowing her to process and think until realization seemed to dawn on her face.

"How could you?" He asked his voice rising. "I told you things in confidence Blair and I made it very clear that the shit with my dad was private. So tell me, tell me why I got a fucking phone call from my agent, saying he's warding off press who want all the gory details of my dad's fucking suicide."

"Blake, Blake I didn't mean to hurt you. I wasn't trying—" she started, her speech rapid as her anxiety seemed to take control and she realized the extent of his agitation.

"You weren't trying to what Blair? It wasn't your business to share! I thought I could trust you! You know I don't open up to people, and this is exactly fucking why!"

He was screaming now. The pain he felt was thinly veiled behind his anger. Anger was easier to deal with. He knew how to control it, how to manipulate the situation to something he could deal with, something he was familiar with. Pain was relatively uncharted territory but anger, anger was like his second home.

"I just wanted to show them the Blake I know. The Blake you always say you'd wish they'd see. I didn't mean to air your skeletons in the midst of that." She was crying now and he knew it should make him feel bad, but it didn't. He didn't feel anything at all.

"I'm starting to get it now." He spat.

"What?" She looked up to him as his eyes went black, complete indifference washing over him as he went for the words he knew would hurt her the most. Words he hoped would hurt her as much as her throwing around details of his private life had hurt him.

"Why your parents want nothing to do with you."

Her entire face fell as the words left his mouth, a twinge of guilt sparking in his gut but he ignored it, spinning on his heel and heading for the parking lot.

His hands pounded against the steering wheel in frustration as he sped along the winding roads of wherever the fuck he was. He had a vague idea where his bodies internal gps was taking him and he didn't fight it as his car wound southward.

His breathing was ragged and uneven, the stress of his fight with Blair eating away at him.

He felt hurt. He felt betrayed. He felt raw anger coarse through his veins and he had no idea how to handle his emotions. He regretted what he'd said to her. The look on her face as he'd parted was playing through his mind over and over. There was no coming back from a blow like that. He'd really thought she could be the one.

The sights and sounds of San Diego came into view just as he felt himself really begin to unravel.

Hot tears stung his face as he pulled into the driveway of his mothers house. He put the car in park and leaned forward pressing his forehead against the wheel.

What a fucking mess.

He pulled his phone from his pocket. The incessant vibration from notifications was driving him insane.

Her name filled the screen and her picture covered his background. The fire inside of him burned brightly as he stepped from the car and chucked the phone to the pavement.

Fuck her and fuck this.

He picked the device up, the shattered screen slicing his finger in the process and he recoiled as rich, dark blood began to pool at the sight of the cut. His second attempt to grab the phone was successful and he trudged up the walk, knocking lightly and waiting for his mother to appear.

She opened the door and quickly assessed his state before simply pulling him into her arms. He stepped through the threshold to allow the door to close behind him and leaned down until his head was on her shoulder. He clutched his useless phone and bloodied finger between them as silent sobs rocked his body.

What the fuck was he going to do?

An: sad times in the kingdom

So did you see Blake's blow up coming?

Is it justified?

Who's side are you on?

What's gonna happen next?

Vote/share/comment !

Ily
Sav 🖤